This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multi-Row Text-box: Paste disabled in 2008.3.13.14.20

5 Answers 114 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 16 Jan 2009, 07:38 PM
I have a multi-row text box that has been working up to version 2008.3.1105.20.  After updating to 2008.3.1314.20 I can no longer paste into this text box. 

Symptoms
  • When I paste, nothing is pasted. 
  • When I select existing text then paste, the selected text is removed, but nothing is pasted.

Verification
  • I have rolled back my versions and verified that this behavior is tied to the new version.
  • I have duplicated this no-paste behavior on 3 other systems.
  • I have turned off the mult-line attribute and the paste does work with 2008.3.1314.20
  • Existing single line textboxes are working properly.

Code

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtLicenseKey"   
runat="server" Width="550px" Height="400px"   
TextMode=MultiLine    
SelectionOnFocus="SelectAll"   
Wrap="true" /> 

Resolution?
Has anyone else duplicated this behavior or can confirm this is a known bug with this version?  Any other ideas on a work around?
Thanks!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jan 2009, 07:36 AM
Hello Tim,

Indeed you are right and the pasting doesn't work in IE for the multi-line textbox. It seems we have introduced this bug with our latest release. I have notified our developers about it and they will look into it. As a small token of gratitude for bringing this to our attention I have updated your Telerik points.

As a temporary workaround I can suggest you to set the MaxLength property to some value appropriate to your scenario. When this property is set the control seems to behave as expected when pasting in it. Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jan 2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks! 
I'll put a max property on the box, I really should have one set anyway.  You are also correct about IE, I didn't even test with any other browsers - my bad.  Thanks again for looking at this.

Tim

Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jan 2009, 02:41 PM
Hi Tim,

Our developers were already able to fix the issue. You can find our latest internal build which includes the fix attached to this message. If you need a dev version you can open a support ticket and request one or simply wait for the next nightly build.

Sincerely yours,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2009, 06:12 PM
HI,

I've got the same issue with one of my project, and the patch you link have solve the problem.

My question is : Were (and when) can I find an "non trial" patch to make sure that I can use it in a production environment ?

thks by advance,

Vince;
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 07:00 AM
Hi Vince,

You can download a dev version which includes the fix from Purchases and Downloads -> Internal Builds Downloads section of your client.net account. I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Tags
Input
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel
Telerik team
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1