This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Mouse over issue with Office 2007 skin

3 Answers 75 Views
PanelBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mahesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mahesh asked on 18 Jul 2012, 11:15 AM
I am having issue with mouse over image when using Office2007 skin.

Height of the image is not proper as height of the item.

Please find attached screenshot for the same.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Mahesh,

Try the following CSS to override the default behaviour.
CSS:
<style type="text/css">
.RadPanelBar_Office2007 .rpGroup a.rpLink:hover
 {
  background-color:#FFCE6D !important;
 }
.RadPanelBar_Office2007 .rpGroup a.rpLink, .RadPanelBar_Office2007 .rpGroup .rpOut
 {
  background-image:none !important;
 }
</style>

Thanks,
Princy.
Mahesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestion but it is not a poper way I guess. I think this issue is with Office 2007 skin only. Can't you provide an background image with bigger size which can work without overriding any css.

Thanks again,
Mahesh
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Mahesh,

In order to achieve the nice look of the rounded corners when a user hovers on RadPanelItem we use a sprite image with fixed width and height. Therefore if you need to change the height of the PanelItem and/or the image you will also need to alter the sprite image that is applied to the control. Please take a look at the following help article where it is explained in details how this can be done with the RadMenu control:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/menu-appearance-creating-custom-skins-sprite.html

Unfortunately, currently we do not have such article for the RadPanelBar control but the approach that you need to take is very similar, if not identical, to the one described in the above mentioned article. I would also recommend that you use FireBug to get the  correct css class selectors.

All the best,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
PanelBar
Asked by
Mahesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
Mahesh
Top achievements