This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Lot of raddock pbs with 2.826 version

3 Answers 31 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
CSurieux asked on 04 Sep 2008, 09:50 PM
Hello,

I discovered some problems with last version 2.826 (and 828):

1) Demo for portal crashes frequently
2) Code for dynamicaly created docks is incomplete, the  DockPositionChanged handler is not in the code (I think it is never handled ???).

3) On my side, I have an application with a page very similar to dynamically created dock, but I was not using an updatepanel to do asynchronous calls for DockPositionChanged but RadAjaxManager as it is included in a Master page used by all my pages (RadAjaxManager and updatepanel were not coexisting).
All was working perfectly and as soon I was moving a dock, the DocPositionChanged was triggered asynch.
But now it is no more fired, I don't know why, I have done no change.
My solution was simply to put RadDockLayout containg the docks inside an asp panel , then to add to add each dock in RadAjaxManager with the asp panel as updated control.
To-day nothing is triggered when I move a dock, I am unable to store new dock position as before.
As using updatePanel with RadAjaxManager is not recommanded, and as I can't remove the global RadAjaxManager from the Master page, what to do ???

Thanks for help.
CS

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Christian,

Please, find below our answers to your questions.
  1. We are aware of the problem you mention. The WebServices which the UserControls in the Portal Page online example use are changed very often and this leads to some problems in the example. We are planning to modify these UserControls so that they are not disturbed by outside sources. 
  2. The Dynamically Created Docks online example has never had a DockPositionChanged event handler as it is not needed. The DockPositionChanged event is fired in order to notify the server for the new position of dock after having it been moved from the UpdatePanel to a RadDockZone.
  3. Regarding your last questions, we are not sure what may be the reason for experiencing the problem with the latest update of the control as you have not experienced the issue with the previous version of the Telerik.Web.UI dll and you have not done any modifications in the application. Could you please open a support ticket and send us a simple running project which demonstrates the problem so that we can take a closer look at your setup and research the issue? As soon as we receive your test app we will run it on our side and do our best to help you.

All the best,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Sep 2008, 09:49 AM
Hello Sophy,

1) Ok
2) By curiosity, ty adding a handler and you will see it is no more triggered
3) I am not sure of the 'stable' telerik version for my code.
Pb is it takes long time for all regression tests, and writing a testbed for a ticket is also time consumming, so my action is first to try a go on forums, then if no solution, open a ticket on my side, then when this ticket have its time, I will open a telerik ticket...

So if you have any idea because som pbs are identified in last version, its better.

Regards
CS
Sophy
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2008, 11:01 AM
Hi Christian,

I am not sure what may be the reason for the DockPositionChanged handler not being fired on your side. We tested adding a DockPositionChanged handler in the Dynamically Created Docks example form the latest release and we did not experience any problem. The event was fired any time one of the docks was moved. 

Regarding the issue with the RadAjaxManager, it is possible to be result of a problem in the interoperability of RadDock with RadAjax. However, if this is the reason for the issue it is not possible to have worked with any of the previous versions of the controls if nothing in the code has been changed. There are some complex scenarios with RadDock and RadAjax in which the interoperability of the controls is disturbed. Improving the ability of RadDock to work with AJAX and simplifying the whole mechanism is in our TODO list. However, we are not aware of any problems related to the problem you mention in the latest version of the RadDock which have not existed in the previous versions.

If you could send us a simple running project which demonstrates your scenario and reproduces the problem so that we can take a closer look at your setup, we will research the issue, do our best to identify what is the reason for experiencing it and help you resolve it.

Best regards,
Sophy
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Dock
Asked by
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sophy
Telerik team
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2