This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization problem

2 Answers 115 Views
Spreadsheet
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jan asked on 22 May 2017, 01:28 PM

Hello,

to localize my spreadsheet, I included the "kendo.messages.de-DE.js" into my document. Because it is not translated completely, I extended my version with the keys from "kendo.messages.en-US.js".

I.e. when I hover over the "freeze panes" button, I get my translated title, but the submenu still shows me the english text. Its the same problem with the "Merge cells" button.

kendo.spreadsheet && kendo.spreadsheet.messages.toolbar && (kendo.spreadsheet.messages.toolbar = a.extend(!0, kendo.spreadsheet.messages.toolbar, {
freeze: "Fenster fixieren",
freezeButtons: {
    freezePanes: "Fenster fixieren",
    freezeRows: "Zeile fixieren",
    freezeColumns: "Spalte fixieren",
    unfreeze: "Fixierung aufheben"
},

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2017, 01:22 PM
Hello Jan,

I reproduced the issue in the Kendo UI Spreadsheet, which is wrapped in UI for ASP.NET Core. There are issues with other messages as well, as you noted. I will isolate all of them and I will log an issue about that for fixing. I will update you in this thread as soon as I log the item.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2017, 02:57 PM
Hello Jan,

I isolated the messages, which do not localize settings and I logged them for fixing. You may follow this GitHub issue for updates on that matter. As a small token of gratitude for reporting the issue to us, I updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Spreadsheet
Asked by
Jan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or