This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Loading Panel

3 Answers 94 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
B
Top achievements
Rank 1
B asked on 01 Aug 2010, 04:29 PM
I'm using a web service as the datasource to load appointments into RadScheduler.  Does the ajax LoadingPanel work with a web service?  I can't seem to get it to display when navigating appointment in the RadScheduler.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2010, 02:54 PM
Hello B,

When binding to a Web Service RadScheduler does not postback to the page and the appointments are rendered on the client. That's the reason you can not ajaxify it (add Ajax Loading Panel).

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
B
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2010, 04:37 PM
yes, thank you , i realized that.  but is there a busy indicator that works with the asp.net ajax scheduler when using a webservice? 

more info....
I've been playing around with both your Silverlight and Asp.Net ajax Schedulers.  I find that the rendering in the Asp.Net ajax version is A LOT slower than the Silverlight version (against the same database).  It would be nice to display a busy indicator on the ajax version.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

On another note...
I'm also trying to figure out which Scheduler to use (Silverlight or Asp.Net ajax) for a scheduling solution.  I'm currently leaning towards the Silverlight version for performance and the fact it renders perfectly (i've had rendering issues with the ajax version...the scheduler width will grow when i make the page wider, but will not shrink when i make the page smaller.)  I also like the multi-checkbox drop down on resources versus the list of checkboxes in the advanced editor in the ajax version.  Your thoughts/recommendation? 
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2010, 04:51 PM
Hello B,

We are planning to implement a busy indicator in future versions. At this moment I can not think of an alternative.

It is your choice which Scheduler you will use - Silverlight or ASP.NET AJAX version.
You can compare them by looking at their help topics:

Silverlight RadScheduler help topic

ASP.NET AJAX RadScheduler help topic 

and demos:

Silverlight RadScheduler demos

ASP.NET AJAX RadScheduler demos

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
B
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veronica
Telerik team
B
Top achievements
Rank 1