Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
315 views
I have three checkboxes defined as below in my cshtml file:


            @(Html.Kendo().CheckBoxFor(e => e.Fruit)
                 .Name("FruitApple")
                 .Label("Apple"))
              <br />
            @(Html.Kendo().CheckBoxFor(e => e.Fruit)
                  .Name("FruitBanana")
                  .Label("Banana"))
               <br />
            @(Html.Kendo().CheckBoxFor(e => e.Fruit)
                  .Name("FruitCherry")
                  .Label("Cherry"))


Where Fruit is the property which is defined in my model class as below:  

       public string Fruit { get; set; }

I want all the checked checkboxes label text to be separated by comma and assigned as string value to my property 'Fruit'. 
For eg: If checkbox for Apple and Cherry is checked. I want to assign Fruit as Apple, Cherry.

But when I run my code, property Fruit is empty.  
  
How can I get this behavior?  
  
Thanks!
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
1 answer
212 views

Hi,

    I want to use a different template according to model for Detail Grid.  I saw 2 links with similar expecting features for this.  The first one didn't render anything and the second one render the template, but my AngularJs ng-show is not working.  When I use the template 1 (I have  3 templates) directly (to see the results, it works).  So, it is only when I use it in the directive that it does not work.

Simple Solution

AngularJs Directive

 

Any idea?

Thank you

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
1 answer
439 views

Hi,

    Is it possible to create the custom popup editor dynamically?  I have a grid merging different objects would like like to change popup editor dynamically.  Usually, I used this form and it works fine:

editable: {
    mode: "popup",
    template: kendo.template($("#allRequestEditGridTemplate").html()),
    confirmation:"@Html.Raw(@LocString["STR_DeleteConfirmation"])",
},

However, I would like use something like this and it does not work.  I got correct template shown, but no update button....

edit: function (e) {
 
   var editWindow = this.editable.element.data("kendoWindow");
 
 
    if(e.model.CategoryType == 1 /*Document*/)
    {
            editWindow.content($("#docEditTemplate").html());
    }
    else if(e.model.CategoryType == 2 /*Piping*/)
    {
            editWindow.content($("#pipingEditTemplate").html());
    }
}

 

Thank you for your help

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
2 answers
137 views

Hi

Please see screen attached. Any ideas why this may occur. I am looking for any pointers, as a starting point for my research.

 

Regards

Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
6 answers
706 views
Hi,

I have a survey app where I need to validate if the number of checked checkboxes is in the valid interval.
The min/max values are set in an admin interface and are available as data attributes of the input field.
The fields also have a data attribute which stores the question id which they belong to, so they can be filtered by question.

So basically it looks like this:
<input type="checkbox" value="option1" data-question="1" data-min="1" data-max="3">
<input type="checkbox" value="option2" data-question="1" data-min="1" data-max="3">
<input type="checkbox" value="option3" data-question="1" data-min="1" data-max="3">
<input type="checkbox" value="option4" data-question="1" data-min="1" data-max="3">
<input type="checkbox" value="option5" data-question="1" data-min="1" data-max="3">

What would be the best practice to handle this?

Best Wishes,
Matt
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
3 answers
298 views
I have the following toolbar template:
<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="template">
    <div class="toolbar" style="float: left">  
        <label class="customers-label" for="customers">Filter details by customer:</label>
        <input type="search" id="customers" style="width: 150px"/>
    </div>
    <div class="toolbar""> 
        <label class="shops-label" for="shops">Filter details by shop:</label>
        <input type="search" id="shops" style="width: 150px"/>
    </div>
</script>
I include it as follow in my grid:
rowTemplate: kendo.template($("#rowTemplate").html()),
But I also want the following buttons to be part of it:
toolbar: [{ name: "create" },{ name: "save" }, { name: "cancel" }],
How do I combine the 2, I have tried various ways, but to no avail. I also have a similar situation with the rowtemplate where I want to include the buttons for edit and destroy.

I have to add that I am pretty new to kendo and I looked at the available documentation but I cannot find an answer. Any help would be appreciated.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2016
10 answers
692 views

Hi,

    I read many thread talking about grouping not working with row template, but didn't find my problem with grouping and column template.

I have a simple grid (simplified version) here:

groupable: true,
  filterable: { extra: false },
  toolbar: ["create"],
  columns: [
                    { command: ["edit", "destroy"], title: " ", width: "200px" },
                    {
                        field: "Number",
                        title: "Numéro",
                        width: 140
                    },
 
                    {
                        field: "Parent",
                        title: "Parent",
                        template: "#= Parent == null ? '' : Parent.Number #",
                        editor: projectDropDownEditor,
                        filterable: {
                            extra: false,
                            field: "Parent.Number"
                        }
                    }
  ],

 

Because my parent column is a column template based on an object with Number and Id, grouping is not working.  Do you have any idea how to fix it?

 

Thank you for your help

 

Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2016
1 answer
376 views
How to change the for time picker format to 24 hours in this example http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/timepicker/angular
Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Apr 2016
2 answers
318 views
I set up a Kendo MaskedTextbox for a phone number field, like so:

 

$input.kendoMaskedTextBox({
  mask: '000-000-0000',
  pattern: '\\d*'
});

Nothing crazy going on there. It works as designed, i.e. when typing in numbers or pasting a phone number or filling the field with jQuery, it will remove non-numeric characters and format it with the hyphens.

The problem I'm running into is with a tool called Dashlane, which is a password/autofill utility. When I choose a phone number that was saved in Dashlane to populate my phone field, Dashlane has the number saved as "1234567890" and that is what gets put into the masked textbox.

The Kendo mask does not seem to account for this type of input. I'm guessing the Dashlane extension is manually setting the `value` property of the DOM element, which is not triggering a keyboard event or something. I think it is triggering the `onchange` event, though. Seems like the Kendo mask may need to watch for value changes as well. After DL updates the value, the field doesn't mask it and the mask is just straight-up broken after that.

Has this ever been brought up before? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there anything I can do to make sure the mask doesn't get broken using Dashlane's autofill?

Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2016
4 answers
326 views

Hi,

Below is my code in which URL is not routing to Controller page.Here domain is my local system URL.there is a div tag with id = detailId.trim() (detailID value is dynamically created while loading the web page).Can someone help me here.

 function detailInit(e) {
    
        var detailRow = e.detailRow;
        var detailId = detailRow.find(".catNumber").text();

   var dataSource1 = new kendo.data.DataSource({
            transport: {
                read: {
     url: domain + "Ethno/GetMediaMetaData",
                    data: { id: '' + detailId.toString() },
                    dataType: "json"
                   
                }
            },
           
            parameterMap: function (options) {
                return kendo.stringify(options);
            }
        });
      
            $("#detailListView_" + detailId.trim()).kendoListView({
                dataSource: dataSource1,
            template: kendo.template($("#detailMediaTemplate").html()),
            selectable: true,
            change: onChange
        });
        
    }

Jayaram
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?