Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
120 views
Hi,
I need to change dynamically the columns count, and when changing the grid to less columns the rows are ok but the headers maintains the previous columns count, and the final result is a mess.
Please see this for a better clarification:
http://jsfiddle.net/QP835/1/

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!
Cleones
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
3 answers
175 views
Hi,

I'm attempting to sort a route of locations and the origin and destination need to remain static but the stops in between may change.  The problem is that when I'm moving any other element around I'm still presented with the option to place it below the last element (although it will not actually drop there).  I was wondering if there's something I'm missing in my config that will keep the last element anchored to that spot and not let me place things beneath it.

Thanks,
Kevin
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
185 views
Hi , I am not able to bind the Multi Select to Kendo toolbar on Popup Editor(Under the Tab Grid)

Please find the demo here.

http://jsbin.com/kibidipo/6/edit

The Multi Select ID "multiselectfilter" is in Template.

End of the day I want to Show applied filter columns on Grid in a Multiselect as a buttons of filters applied on Grid.

Petur Subev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
491 views
How can i create nested tables using the Kendo UI Editor.

On the editor demo http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/editor/all-tools.html

I create a table, lets say 3 rows and 1 column, now in the 2nd row i want to have another table. But when i click inside that td, the TableEditing tool converts itself to "edit mode" and inserting a new table from that tool is not possible.

Any ideas ? 
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
1.2K+ views
I am currently using by buttons in .Clientrowtemplate like this

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<Modeldata>()
.Name("Grid")

.DataSource(d => d
.Ajax()
.ServerOperation(false)
.PageSize(5)
.Model(model => model.Id(task=> task.Id))
.Read(read => read.Action("getalltask", "task"))
)

.Columns(columns =>
{
columns.Template(e => { }).ClientTemplate(" ").Title("Action").Width("10%");


})
.ClientRowTemplate(
<td class='edit' style='width:10%'>" +
 <input type='button' id='SubTask' title='Add sub Task' class='btnaddsub' onclick = 'AddSubTask( #: data.Id # );' >" 
)

I want to show or hide this button when the #data.Show# is true.  Please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
2 answers
181 views
I came across this while trying to implement a universal Kendo UI app for phone/tablet based on this how-to:

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/howto/universal-mobile-apps-html5

When trying to initialize the application from a div instead from the body element, I'm getting an empty page with no output in the console. I have set this up here:

http://jsbin.com/mutes/2/

Now when you remove the wrapping div and initialize the app from the body (or give the body the id of the div), everything works fine.
Roman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
87 views
Dear Sirs,

I am building an application that will allow IM communication between providers and patients.  I am using the following template to show the message:

</script>
<script id="messageTemplate" type="text/x-kendo-template">
                <div class="post-content">
                    <p>Date Of Message: #= date_time_created_to_string#</p>                    
                    <p>To: #= messageReceiverName#</p>
                    <p>From: #= messageSenderName#</p>
                    <p>Message:</p>                    
                    <p>#=message#</p>
                </div>
            <br>
 </script>  

I am using the following code to bind the template to a datasource and add when a new message is added to the data source.  The code is working as expected.  What I would like to happen is when a new message is added is there a way to scroll to that message so that the user does not have to?

        var template = kendo.template($("#messageTemplate").html());
        //var dataSource = new kendo.data.DataSource({data: category});
        messageDataSource = new kendo.data.DataSource({data: theMessages});                        

        messageDataSource.bind("change", function() {
        $("#example").html(kendo.render(template, messageDataSource.view()));
        });

Scott
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
229 views
Sitefinity uses the kendo editor for comments, so it's initalized through their scripts.  Is there some way to set placeholder text onto the editor AFTER the fact?

...suggestions?
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
4 answers
168 views
Dear friends,

I have an Android Kendo UI Mobile app, and when i set native scroll on a div, not run anything. Not scroll.

data-use-native-scrolling="true"

Some help ?

Thx you.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
1 answer
561 views
Hello,

Recently the feedback item for providing means of styling basic html elements (checkbox, textarea, etc) was marked as completed, and a link was provided to the help topic explaining the basic Kendo css classes:

http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-telerik-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/2436405-basic-nice-form-effect-include-text-textarea-check

Would you be able to provide an example of styling a checkbox so that it looks consistent with the currently active Kendo theme?  It was unclear to me which of those classes would achieve that.

Thank you,
Tony 
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?