Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
95 views
Hi,

I am using the Kendo UI Web Demo. strangely if i click the day or week view the UI.  even more bizzarly, if i enable developper tool in chrome or firebug tool in FF then switch off the tools, the misformed problem will go away too.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
3 answers
1.0K+ views
I've spent more than three days attempting to decode the magic of timecode handling in the Kendo Scheduler.  Can someone help?
I want to allow users to enter start/end times in their local time (which can be any US timezone).  And I need the LOCAL times, AS ENTERED, to be saved to the database.  The server is in a different timezone from any of my clients.  I have client orgs in multiple timezones, and any given org's users all expect to work in the same timezone.  
This should be simple -- I simply want the scheduler to IGNORE timezones altogether and store and serve back whatever times are entered by the user, regardless of their client timezone.

Thanks in advance!
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
5 answers
659 views
Hello,

We implemented a custom event on a ListView object's onClick, and we wish to trigger the native click event manually. 
We tried using jQuery's default trigger("click") and normal javascript click functions, but with no avail. Are there no native 
functions that we can use to trigger this native event?

Thanks and hope to hear from you asap
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
1 answer
97 views
Hello,

I'm new to kendo and was trying to make this view switching work.
This is Kendo UI for windows web and I've two problems.

First: I've used kendo.fx(el).slideIn("left").play(); and it works. But when I want to go bakc to the previous - how do I do that using kendo? Have seen this for mobile but there's nothing for the windows web. I can use simple jQuery to make this work but there gotta be something for kendo.

Next: when I go back and forth - every time the 2nd view keeps recreated, so I get multiple repeated contents on the page. How can I fix this?

If you have a sample SPA project code download available, that'd be great.
File attached,

Thanks.
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
2 answers
164 views
Hi,

Is it possible to have two week views? One with 7 days, and one with 5 days?:

   views: [
                        {
                            type: "day", selected: true, minorTickCount: 4,
                            dateHeaderTemplate: kendo.template("<strong>#=kendo.toString(date, 'ddd d-M')#</strong>")
                        },
                        {
                            type: "workWeek", minorTickCount: 4,workWeekEnd: 7,title:"Week",
                            dateHeaderTemplate: kendo.template("<strong>#=kendo.toString(date, 'ddd d-M')#</strong>")
                        },
                        {
                            type: "workWeek", minorTickCount: 4, title: "Workweek",
                            dateHeaderTemplate: kendo.template("<strong>#=kendo.toString(date, 'ddd d-M')#</strong>")
                        },
                        {
                            type: "agenda", selected: true, minorTickCount: 4,
                            dateHeaderTemplate: kendo.template("<strong>#=kendo.toString(date, 'ddd d-M')#</strong>")
                        }
               ],

Only the view with title "Workweek" is shown.

Kind regards,

Marco






Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
1 answer
228 views
Hi,

is there any better solution for this problem:
​http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20886651/get-a-reference-to-kendo-grid-from-inside-the-error-handler

Regards,
Daniel
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
1 answer
522 views
I have an angular-kendo-grid with a row template as below.

rowTemplate: "<tr data-uid='#: uid #'>" +
                        "<td align='center'> <input type='checkbox' ng-click='checkboxClicked(event)' ng-model='dataItem.selected' /></td>" +
                        "<td>{{dataItem.hostname}}</td>"

I need to detect which row's checkbox has been clicked. checkboxClicked is called with an undefined arg when used as above.

The grid is defined as 

<div  kendo-grid="availableDevicesGrid" k-options="availableDevicesKOptions"
 ....

However, $scope.availableDevicesGrid is always undefined in the controller.

I have a select all checkbox and a checkbox at each row and all I need to do is to find out which rows have been selected. Any help would be appreciated ?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
7 answers
698 views
Is there a way to bind a in a KendoGrid ClientTemplate? 

Normal binding 
<span data-bind='html: title'></span>

Why not in a client template? 

        Model.Template(x => { }).ClientTemplate("<span data-bind='html: title'></span>").Width(50);

Clearly this is a no-brainer and should work by default. 

Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
1 answer
109 views
Hello,

I have an issue which it seems I am unable to solve:

I have a grid, and implemented an own Save-Button (actually a "save and new" button). In the click-handler, I call grid.saveChanges(). But now, how can I set the model before it is sent to the server? There is one field which I have to replace manually. But I just do not see a possibility to do that. The "save" event of the grid gives me access to the e.model, so if I use the standard-Save, everything works fine. But not with my own button...

How could I achieve this?

Thanks a lot,
Volker
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
1 answer
130 views
The Kendo UI dojo login does not work for me, meaning, that when I enter all information and click Login, nothing happens, same with Reset password.

Also, this is the second time I've tried to post this note, even though I'm logged into the site.

I am a licensed DevCraft Ultimate user, but still not able to post this note, this is my third attempt.

Thanks,

Bradley
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?