Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
220 views
Hi,

I have an issue where the non-safe getter is being cached and then when I need the safe version the cache returns the non-safe.
i.e.
First call results in:
return d.c1661059794
second call that needs the safe version gets the above instead of:
return ((d.c1661059794 || {}).value)

This is entirely in kendo code and appears to be caused by having both a grid with (aggregates) and chart on the same page. Both use separate datasources, but contain similar data where the value is a complex object.

The first call to the getter appears to be from the grid datasource running the aggregation (stack trace attached).

Firstly, should the cache not take the safe flag into account? I would consider it a bug that it doesn't.
Secondly, is there a workaround I can use to fix the cache so that the safe version is returned?
I am currently using Kendo UI v2014.1.528 though could update to the latest if it would resolve.

Thanks
Euan
Euan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2014
10 answers
3.5K+ views
Hi my question is if you
Can you pass an argument in the Kendo UI data-click? What is the best practice on passing arguments? 
I noticed from the forum and testing on a ipad device that onclick functions doesn't work if u compile with phonegap .

nevertheless if u want to run a function on a button click the data-click="functionName" works but if u wanna pass arguments on that function how you do that?

Kind regards
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2014
2 answers
122 views
I noticed that when the Splitter adds the splitbars it will add a tabIndex="0" event though the panes are not resizable or collapsible. I would think that there is no need for the splitbars to receive focus if you can't do anything with them.

Does that make sense?

For now I was going to do something like this:

    $(".k-splitbar").removeAttr("tabIndex");

Do you see any potential problems with this code?

This removes being able to set focus to any splitbar, even if it can be resized.

What do you think? Thank you!
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
1 answer
120 views
Hello,

using a <br> tag inside the text of a toolbar button does not work. E.g. text: "Button<br>Text" is rendered as Button<br>Text.
A kendo button renders such a text properly.

Regards,

Bert
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
1 answer
170 views
I need to have a dropdown list appear in each row of a grid that is "fed" from the DataSource of the parent grid.  I have a property in the grid datasource that is an object array.

Below is the grid datasource.  I have a KendoGrid with a template on the "programVersion" column that creates the drop down.  I'm failing adding the data to it.  I've created (stolen and modified) an example (http://jsbin.com/cacabi/1/) that does almost what I want (I've been googling for a couple of hours).  I've included my JSON Array in the datasource to show what I'm using. 
http://jsbin.com/cacabi/1/edit

I basically want the Category dropdown to be populated with the programVersion data (which is different for each row).

Any direction or guidance will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

{
    "entityKey": "268900",
    "number": "QR000024",
    "companyDescription": "Mountain West",
    "programDescription": "Intangible",
    "programVersions": [
        {
            "versionId": 201226,
            "versionDescription": "2013WorkingCapitalBudget",
            "isCurrent": 0
        },
        {
            "versionId": 201227,
            "versionDescription": "Anotherbudgetversion",
            "isCurrent": 0
        },
        {
            "versionId": 201208,
            "versionDescription": "WorkingBudget",
            "isCurrent": 1
        }
    ],
    "$c": 1981,
    "$r": 1,
    "$checked": false,
    "$checkedEnabled": true
}
Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
4 answers
278 views
It seems the closeOnClick does not fire correctly (at all) when there is an anchor tag in the menu and you're using Angular/ngRoute. See example below. Is this a bug or am I missing something.

Thanks,
Patrick

​
<ul data-kendo-menu style="display: inline-block; min-width: 80px;">
    <li>
        Men's
        <ul>
            <li>
                <a href="#/FootWear">Footwear</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#/Leisure Clothing">Leisure Clothing</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                Sports Clothing
            </li>
            <li>Accessories</li>
        </ul>
    </li>
</ul>
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
7 answers
1.8K+ views
I was wondering if there are any examples of how to implement Grouping and Aggregates in in the grid when ServerPaging is used.  At the moment the group just summarizes what's on the current page not the entire data set which gives incorrect totals.  Since the grid only has a portion of the data I can't see how it can do it any other way.

I'm have a recordset of 50,000 records, obviously I don't want to send all that to the client.  However I also need to implement group and aggregate totals.  I'm calling an Web Service written in C# from JQuery.  An example would be a great help.

If there no examples then I would like to ask the question, with the Kendo UI grid is it possible to group and summarize large datasets?
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
1 answer
108 views
I'm selecting some items programmatically by using kendoGrid.select. It works fine, but I find the restriction to only select based on DOM elements (or jQuery expressions) a bit restrictive. This is important specially when using frameworks like Ember or patterns like MVVM where you work with the data and not directly with the DOM. I have the following code to make it work, but it would be nice if I could just call kendoGrid.select('selectedMedication') instead of having to find the corresponding element myself. Any idea if that's possible? 

```
 var kendoGridObject = this.get('kendoGridObject'),
            selectedMedication = this.get('selectedMedication'),
            dataItems = kendoGridObject.dataItems(),
            selectedDataItem = dataItems.findBy('_originalObject', selectedMedication),
            selector = 'tr[data-uid="' + selectedDataItem.uid + '"]';
        // finally from the data-uid we have our jquery selector
        kendoGridObject.select(selector);
}.observes('selectedRow')
```

Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
2 answers
279 views
Right now the KendoGrid support different selection modes (none, rows, cells and multiple). I would like to define a manual mode and a multiple manual mode. 

Basically we need to set the selected a row programmatically, but prevent it from being selected when the user clicks the row or the cell. We have a link on first column and other ways to select an element outside the grid, but for all of our other columns, we need the user to be able to click them to select text or interact with other elements without causing a selection of the row. Selecting manually doesn't work unless I set selectable=row, but that has the undesired behavior selecting when touching any cell of a row. 

Can this be added to KendoGrid? 
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
1 answer
210 views
With regards to this example : http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/toolbar/angularIs 

Is it possible to update $scope.toolbarOptions at runtime and have the items on the toolbar update as well?

I cant seem to find a solution for this in your API reference. Is this feature expected anytime soon? There isn't even a way to complete empty the toolbar and repopulate the items again. 

There dont seem to be many methods you can call on the toolbar too. How about some Hide() & Show() methods?

Also is it possible to use a button on the toolbar and define a ng-click event on it? Currently we are doing this by giving a template with a href tag and ng-click on it.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?