Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
2.6K+ views
Hi, I'm wanting to put a css class on dropdownlist but unsure how to do.  I have a "width100percent" css class, but just doing inline styles at moment.

​ @(Html.Kendo().DropDownListFor(m => m.SecurityQuestion1Id)
 .DataTextField("Item2")
 .DataValueField("Item1")
 .BindTo(Model.SecurityQuestionOptions)
 .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width:100%;" })
 )

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2014
2 answers
93 views
How do I tell button X in the navbar to open view Y in my layout?
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2014
8 answers
970 views
I am writing an order-entry system using Angular with Kendo-UI.  To add lines to an order, the user will either scan a barcode or pick an item using an item-lookup grid.  When an item is picked, the popup edit/add form for order line grid should open up with most of the fields pre-populated with values based on the item picked.  The custom edit form contains many read-only informational fields that the sales person needs to see when adding the item, such as item #, description, manufacturer, manufacturer's part number, cost, etc., along with some editable fields such as quantity and price.   

Here is the HTML snippet that renders the line grid as well as a simple addButton to simulate an item being picked from the item lookup grid:
<div id="wrapper" class="container-fluid" ng-controller="ticketEntryController">
  <div ng-controller="ticketLineController">
      <div kendo-grid="ticketLineGrid" k-options="getTicketLineGridOptions()"></div>
  </div>
  <button id="addButton" ng-click="addRow()" class="btn btn-primary btn-sm">Add Row</button>
</div>

Here is the ticketEntryController:
(function () {
    'use strict';
    angular.module('app').controller('ticketEntryController', ticketEntryController);
 
    function ticketEntryController($scope) {
        $scope.lineGrid = {};
        $scope.addRow = function () {
          var item = { itemNo: 'TEST123', itemDescr: 'Some description' };
          $scope.$broadcast('AddRow', item);
        }
    }
})();

Here is part of the ticketLineController:
function ticketLineController($scope) {
    $scope.$on('AddRow', function(event, item) {
        console.log("ticketLineController, AddRow: " + item.itemNo);
        $scope.itemNo = item.itemNo;
        $scope.itemDescr = item.itemDescr;
        $scope.ticketLineGrid.addRow();
    });

When the Add Row button is clicked, the editor popup form opens up, but all fields are empty. How can I populate the fields (like they are when you click the Edit button for an existing row)?  Also, of course the sales person could click Cancel from the edit form, in which case the item should not be added to the order line grid.

Here is a Plunker

Thanks,
Lars

Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2014
4 answers
260 views
Hi,

I'm using the visible bind and it's working perfectly. The thing is I would like the element to show with an animation. Anybody have any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
1 answer
1.6K+ views
On this http://dojo.telerik.com/oPePO example hide filter on column name?

filterable: {
                    cell: {
                        enabled: false
                    }
                }

This option is ignored ?
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
1 answer
254 views
How to call an angular controller method from kendo template? Controller is defined as data-ng-controller="feedbacksSurveyReportCtrl as vm" and the call to vm.couponStatusAsString fails with vm as undefined.



​
<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="responder-template">
    <table class="table table-striped">
        <tbody>
            <tr>
                <th>Name</th>
                <th>Redeemed Date</th>
                <th>Coupon Status</th>
            </tr>
            # for (var i = 0; i < coupons.length; i++) { #
            <tr>
                <td>#= coupons[i].name #</td>
                <td>
                    #= kendo.toString(new Date(coupons[i].redeemedDate), "g") #
                </td>
                <td>
                    #= vm.couponStatusAsString(coupons[i].status) #
                </td>
            </tr>
            # } #
        </tbody>
    </table>
    </div>
    #}#
</script>
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
3 answers
135 views
Hi, the Kendo demo site stopped working for myself and my co-worker.  My company blocks "connect.facebook.net" which is getting pinged when I look at Fiddler.  This results in each demo control page not loading the actual demo content.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
2 answers
249 views
I have a form I'd like to submit synchronously.
The form has multiple upload widgets, each with unique names:

<input id="file-21-103" name="file-21-103" class="picture" type="file" data-itemoptionid="103" />
<input id="file-22-104" name="file-22-104" class="picture" type="file" data-itemoptionid="104" />

How can I retrieve either the id, the name, the data-... attrib of the upload element server-side (asp.net mvc)?
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
2 answers
779 views
I can't understand why no matter what I do, when I call the select method on my grid it returns:  TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'o.options').

I plan on selecting it in a dataBound event method.   I did try doing that originally. but it failed in the same way.  My dataSource format is:
[{"id":"CB069D69-5C72-4D87-B4FF-78E8F2B66359","levelsList":"1\\APIDep2"},{"id":"D5968210-FCDA-40EB-A8AB-4E5B44038D83","levelsList":"10\\TCDep10"}]


var dataSource = new kendo.data.DataSource({
      data: levelsForDisplay,
        pageSize: 5,
    });
    var gridDiv = $("#levelsGrid").kendoGrid({
        height: "100%",
        columns: [{
            field: "levelsList",
            selectable: "row",
            headerAttributes: {
                style: "display: none"
            },
        }],
        dataSource: dataSource
    }).data("kendoGrid");
    var id = "CB069D69-5C72-4D87-B4FF-78E8F2B66359";
    var item = gridDiv.dataSource.get(id);
    var tr = $("tr[data-uid='" + item.uid + "']", gridDiv.tbody);
    gridDiv.select(tr);

Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
4 answers
451 views
Hi,

I have a $scope variable on my controller that is constantly changing. I need to create a kendo stacked chart that is updated to reflect the changing data. I am unable to get the chart to refresh with the changing data. I have tried the following options but nothing works

1. Using a datasource and ensuring I call dataSource.read()
2. Doing a watchCollection and k-rebind as suggested at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21220886/kendo-angular-chart-data 

Here is what my grid looks like

div kendo-chart="scopeVariableKendoChart"
                                     k-title="{visible: 'false'}"
                                     k-chart-area="{background:'', width:850, height:100}"
                                     k-legend="[{ visible: 'false' }]"
                                     k-series-defaults="{ type: 'bar', markers: { visible: false }, stack: 'true' }"
                                     k-data-source = "deviceDetailsKDataSource"
                                     k-value-axis="{labels: { format: '{0}' }, visible: false, majorGridLines: { visible: false }, majorTicks: { visible: false, width: 0 }, axisCrossingValue:0}"
                                     k-category-axis="{line: { visible: false }, majorGridLines: { visible: false }, majorTicks: { visible: false, width: 0 }}"
                                     k-tooltip="{visible: true, format: '{0}%', template: '#= series.name #: #= value #'}"
                                     k-series-hover="onSeriesHover"
                                     k-on-series-click="onSeriesClick(kendoEvent)"
                                >

and here is the k-data-source on the controller

$scope.deviceDetailsKDataSource= new kendo.data.DataSource({
        data: [
                    {name: 'Stopped Devices', data: [$scope.value1], color: '#65c178', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''} },
                    {name: 'Running Devices', data: [$scope.value2], color: '#5da2f7', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''}},
                    {name: 'Failed Install Devices', data: [$scope.value3], color: '#9c68ab', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''}},
                    {name: 'Stop failed Devices', data: [$scope.value4], color: '#65c178', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''} },
                    {name: 'Start failed Devices', data: [$scope.value5], color: '#5da2f7', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''}},
                    {name: 'Installing Devices', data: [$scope.value6], color: '#e2e2e2', labels: {visible:'true', position:'left', background:''}}
                ]
        }
    );
 

I really wish all the Angular Kendo example use remote data rather than local data. Having local data is the easier case while we run into all kinds of issues while binding to remote value in the scope.


Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?