Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
405 views
This has been asked before more or less

http://www.telerik.com/forums/tooltip-opens-in-the-wrong-place-when-the-marker-is-clicked-and-then-corrects-itself-when-the-marker-is-clicked-a-second-time

I have a series of Ajax calls for loading tooltips, the size will vary per call.

I get the behaviour described in the other thread. The workaround of setting the width/height will probably work

What would be better would be if I could initially set the tooltip to invisible, hide it, get it to fix it's position and then show it. Is this possible? It obviously knows how to fix itself once the data is loaded

thanks
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
1 answer
144 views
I have a page where a user can select multiple listviews to view.  At certain points, i want to refresh all of these listviews. I'm trying to refresh them using a wildcard statement, but:
<code>
$("[id^=lstMss]").data("kendoListView").dataSource.read();
</code>
only refreshes the first listview, none of the other ones (all of my listviews start with the id of 'lstMss').  Is there a better, easier way to do this?
Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
8 answers
980 views
Hi,
I am having some trouble formatting dates that come from a web api as MM/dd/yyyy. When using this format I am not able to bind the date, however other formats such as yyyy-MM-dd work just fine.

Here is my view:
<input name="enddate" data-kendo-date-picker data-k-format="'MM/dd/yyyy'" data-ng-model="trip.EndDate" data-k-ng-model="trip.EndDate" required>

When the promise returns from the web api if I set the date to the exact date that gets returned the above format works: i.e: $scope.trip.EndDate = "2015-07-11T00:00:00"

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
1 answer
416 views
I've been trying to figure out how to send a multi-select list back to my MVC controller, what I ended up having to do was pass the traditional: true parameter into the transport.read element. However, this no longer passes the sort parameter. I have re-worked an example here:

http://dojo.telerik.com/aPAQ/2

Note that I have commented out type: 'odata', because I am not using odata (no, the grid does NOT load, but I am looking at the request that is built). The key here is to look at the request that is sent in firebug or some other dev util (chrome dev tools). Here is the sort parameter now:

take:20
skip:0
page:1
pageSize:20
sort:[object Object]

Is there a way around this?

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
1 answer
536 views
Hi,

I'd like to use the Kendo drop down with an Angular template inside the markup or some referenced file.
In my case it is used like this at the moment:

<select ...
k-template="'<b>#: displayName #</b><br/>#: name #'"
k-value-template="'#: displayName #'">
</select>

But I would like to use it the "angular way", like:

<select ...
k-template="'<b>{{dataItem.displayName}}</b><br/>{{dataItem.name}}'"
k-value-template="'{{dataItem.displayName}}'">
</select>


That way, the drop down items, defined in the template, only appear, if I declare the template manually inside some "k-options". I've already experimented with the "ng-non-bindable" attribute, so that the angular expression can be interpreted later, but without success.
Some advice would be helpful.

I'm also looking for a solution to reference some template url. Can this be done natively with Angular or Kendo?

Kind Regards
Thomas
Mihai
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
2 answers
332 views
Hi Guys!

I have a scenario where i need to display only all day events in scheduler week view(vertical grouped) and hide all time specific event slots. From the scheduler configuration is not clear to me how to go about it, is there any standard way to do it?

Cheers!
IT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2014
5 answers
309 views
Hi,

I've successfully managed to built an MVVM mobile application getting its data from a REST service and load a listview mobile control. However I don't seem to be able to refresh the data using the "pull to refresh" event.of the listview control.
What I'd like to know is, given the code below, how I can bind to the "pull to refresh" event from a view-model and make a call to the model entity.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Gilles Kern


here is my code:

Main.js:
01.// Variables
03. 
04.// Wait for Icenium to load
05.document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
06. 
07.function onDeviceReady() {
08. 
09. // Authenticate against SharePoint server
10.    SPOAuth(SPSite);
11.     
12.    // Initialize ListView
13.    $("#listview").kendoMobileListView({
14.        pullToRefresh: true
15.    });
16.     
17.    // apply the bindings
18.    kendo.bind($("#ListSPItems"), VMListSPItems);
19.}


View-Model:
01.var VMListSPItems = kendo.observable({
02.     
03.    // Hold SharePoint list items
04.    GetCustomers: function(e)
05.    {
06.        var Customers = GetAllCustomers(SPSite);
07.        Customers.success(function(data){
08.            // Get Value from SharePoint
09.            var AllCustomers = null;
10.            AllCustomers = data.d.results;
11.             
12.            // Update data
13.            VMListSPItems.set("GetCustomers", AllCustomers);
14.        });
15.    },
16.});

View:
01.<div data-role="view" id="ListSPItems" data-title="Customers List" data-layout="mobile-tabstrip">
02.            <div id="CustomersError" />
03.            
04.            <ul id="listview" data-bind="source: GetCustomers" data-template="itemTemplate"></ul>
05.         
06.            <script id="itemTemplate" type="text/x-kendo-template">
07.                <li><a> ${data.Title} </a></li>
08.            </script>
09.        </div>

Model:
01.function GetAllCustomers(siteurl)
02.{   
03.    return $.ajax({
04.        url: siteurl + "/_api/lists/getByTitle('Customers')/items",
05.        type: "GET",
06.        headers: {
07.        "ACCEPT": "application/json;odata=verbose"
08.        },
09.        //success: function (data)
10.        //{
11.        //    //array = data.d.results;
12.        //    Customers = data.d.results;
13.        //},
14.        error: function(xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError){
15.            //var message = xhr.responseText.find("message").text();
16.            var message = xhr.responseText;
17.            $("#CustomersError").html(message);
18.        }
19.    });
20.}




David
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Sep 2014
1 answer
122 views
I have modified the kendo grid popup editor example to have min:0.01 and step:0.01 as one penny is the minimum currency unit. However, this causes the browsers based price validation to fail when you enter '9.88'.  '9.87' works fine, but it really doesn't like '9.88' - it displays 'Unit price is invalid'.

UnitPrice: { type: "number", validation: { required: true, min: 0.01, step:0.01} },


I have created a repro case here:

http://dojo.telerik.com/aTaRE

Just edit any of the entries in the grid (in the pop-up editor) and change the Unit Price to 9.88. This is in the chrome browser if it makes a difference.

Cheers, Paul.
Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2014
1 answer
253 views
I have a column defined like below:
{ field: "tnum", title:"Trade", template:"<div cr-deal-sheet=\"#: tnum#\">#: tnum#</div>" },

The directive works fine when it is on the page, however it does not get compiled when it is used inside the grid.  The "#: tnum" DOES get substituted, however the directive attribute is just silently ignored.

Thanks in advance

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2014
3 answers
478 views
Hello,
I have a Kendo treeview with ondemand loading.I have a grid displaying objectids on right side and when clicked on a row on grid i use treeview expandpath showing all it's parent nodes. Now i want to select the node with the id after expanding and scroll to the node automatically. Here is my jquery code on grid row click event
$("#Grid").on("click", " tbody > tr", function () {

var datagrd = $("#Grid").data("kendoGrid").dataItem($(this));
alert(datagrd.ObjectID);
var rootDir = "@Url.Content("~/")";
$.ajax({
url: rootDir + "Objekt/LoadParents",
data: {
strSelectedObjectID: datagrd.ObjectID
},
success: function (data) {
if (data.result == "Error") {
alert(data.message);
} else {
alert(data);
var arrA = data.split(',');

var treeView = $('#treeview').data('kendoTreeView');
treeView.expandPath(arrA);
                    
                    var nodeDataItem = treeView.dataSource.get(datagrd.ObjectID);

var selectednode = treeView.findByUid(nodeDataItem.uid);
treeView.select(selectednode);
treeView.trigger("select", { node: selectednode });

}
}
});

Everything works fine and node is expanded but it does not get selected i have to manually scroll to the expanded node

Thanks

Anamika

    });
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?