Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
120 views
TLDR - see the issue at: http://dojo.telerik.com/ULemu

Explanation:
I am attempting to use the mobile listview within angularjs. This works fine for the basic case, but I am now attempting to add a detailbutton, as per demo (http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/mobile-listview/detailbuttons) which I have attempted to translate to use angularjs directives.

However, this does not work. It seems that the listview does not like having more than one A element within an LI tag.

Any ideas what is going wrong here?

Many Thanks
Lewis
Lewis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
1 answer
135 views
Is the toolbar widget only usable in conjunction with a grid? I would like to implement an iframe that has a toolbar above it, instead of just having floating buttons.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
3 answers
205 views
I've setup a scatterplot as in the documentation and I'm getting the above error when hovering in the chart area after having clicked one of the graph points.

Controller contains this:
​$scope.onSeriesHover = function (e) {
}

function getDataForGraph() {
    graphDataService.getData('issuer.sector', $scope.selectedSector).then(function (result) {
        $scope.data = result;
});
}
and the view this:
<div kendo-chart
k-series-defaults="{type: 'scatter'}"
k-series="[{xField:'duration', yField:'cost'}]"
k-x-axis="{
labels: { format: '{0}' },
title: { text: 'Duration' }
}"
k-y-axis="{
labels: { format: '{0}' },
title: { text: 'Cost }
}"
k-data-source="data"
k-series-click="onSeriesClick"
k-series-hover="onSeriesHover"></div>

After the controller is initialized the getDataForGraph method is called.
It displays data perfectly but I get this TypeError all the time after the first click on the graph.

I've attached a screenshot from the chrome dev tools if this could help. As I'm on the trial version I do not have access to the full code.
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
1 answer
220 views
Hi!
I want to use SplitButton from toolbar as a standalone component but there's no api reference for it...
The main reason is that i can't hide the "more" button from the toolbar. I don't need it because i only have a back button and the splitbutton...
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
3 answers
133 views
I have a problem. I want to select a row in a table(grid) by pressing UP and DOWN button without pressing space bar.
Please help me..
Manikandan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
3 answers
1.9K+ views
I'm trying to get custom validation working on a NumericTextBox. I've read the article on custom validation, but I can figure out to get the validator to validate the textbox.  This is a read only textbox that gets set by several other functions. I'm trying to check if it's greater than 0. 

@(Html.Kendo().NumericTextBox<decimal>().HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 80px"})
                 .Name("totalLTDandLife")
                 .Format("c2")
                 .Spinners(false)
               )
 
 
$(function () {
    $("form").kendoValidator({
        rules: {
            selectCoverage: function (input) {
                if (input.is("[name=totalLTDandLife]")) {
                    return input.val() > 0;
                }
                return true;
            }
        },
        messages: {             
            selectCoverage: "Please select either LTD coverage or Term Life coverage."
        }
    });
});


Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
3 answers
290 views
Hi,

In our application, we have a page with 1000+ items and this listview has also groups. We tried to implement virtual scroll for this listview but unfortunately it is not working when we activated the groups.

In the latest release of kendo listview, i couldn't find the virtual scroll property. it is not supported in the latest version?
Also i want to ask, is there way to initialize the listview without initializing mobile application because we only use mobile listview of kendo.

You could check it from below,
http://dojo.telerik.com/oGUMU

Thanks in advance.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
3 answers
189 views
Hello there,

I'm using version 2014.1.318

I've got a web application where the content and widgets are loaded dynamically via ajax, so I need to be able to tidy the DOM as I go along.

I'm using Actionsheet as a menu for the KendoGrid table rows. When I unload my page, I call destroy methods on both KendoGrid and Actionsheet. However, if I destroy the Actionsheet, and init it again, the number of "Cancel" list items grows each time. Please see attachment.

I've been trying to replicate this error on your Dojo, however after destroying both the Grid and the Actionsheet, the grid doesn't initialise again...
http://dojo.telerik.com/OPAx

I did see that the destroy() method for Acitonsheet doesn't touch DOM - but shouldn't it at least remove the DOM elements that were created as part of initialisation? Otherwise, there'll be endlessly growing DOM!

Your advice appreciated, many thanks.
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
1 answer
1.5K+ views
Hi,

I have a field set to required field validation.But had input given to that field is just  a "Spacebar".

And the field does not contain any value in it and able to submit the form with empty field.

How to prevent this... Yaa I can go and use the java script to loop through required fields but then what is use of the required field.

Thanks
Chatrapathi Chennam
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
5 answers
414 views
Hi ,

I have tried to use a custom validation on the schema/model/fields but is not quite working for me.
custom: function (input) {
  if (input.is("[name='LogicalName']") && input.val() != "") {
      $http.post("odata/Entities/IsNameUnique", { logicalName: input.val() }).success(function (data, status, headers, config) {
         if (!data.value) {
          input.attr("data-custom-msg", "Name is not unique");
          return false
        }
        return true;
});
                                            }
                                        }

Instead I am trying to use grid edit event which is giving me more flexibility.
Example
dojo.telerik.com/aJeXE

How could I display validation popup message from edit event?

Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?