Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
299 views
Learning Angular, and have just begun to work with the directives version of Kendo UI.

On a documentation page I found the other day (but I've forgotten where it is) there is a code snippet that can be executed only at the initial configuration. The code changes the behavior of ENTER and SHIFT+ENTER:

var defaultTools = kendo.ui.Editor.defaultTools;
defaultTools["insertLineBreak"].options.shift = false;
defaultTools["insertParagraph"].options.shift = true;

Although I see in the Kendo Angular docs how to instantiate the tools config object via k-tools in the markup

<textarea ng-controller="foo" k-tools="[
              'bold',
              'italic',
              'underline',
        'strikethrough',
        'createLink',   
<snip>


I don't see how one would change specific properties of defaultTools in markup. How would the code above be implemented when using the Editor with Angular?
      







Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
1 answer
466 views
Hi,

I have a simple application that binds to a view model using
Knockout JS. It uses a foreach loop that fires the Knockout afterAdd
event when a new item is added to the view model. The result is supposed
to be a Kendo draggable that can be dropped on a target. For some
reason I can't get the drop event on the target to fire.

http://jsfiddle.net/chriswnichols/rk6qwsy4/

Thanks,
Chris
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
3 answers
192 views
I have the following Scenario

HTML
<div id="dashboard" data-bind="visible: isVisible">
    <div id="widget1" data-bind="visible: isVisible">
    <div id="widget2" data-bind="visible: isVisible">
</div>
 
JS
 $(function () {
    var dashboardVM: ObservableObject{
        isVisible: true
    };
    kendo.bind('$("#dashboard")', dashboardVM);
     
    var widgetVM: ObservableObject{
        isVisible: false
    };
    kendo.bind('$("#widget1")', widgetVM);
 }

My intention is that dashboard and any unbinded sub element are binded to DashboardVM fields, UNLESS there is a specific VM binded to that sub element. in this case 'widget1' fields binded should come from widgetVM.
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
5 answers
637 views
I'm having some trouble getting the scheduler to read a custom JSON array when I use the schema configuration element to map fields to my array.

I pass in the following element from a Web service:

[{"id":"1","title":"My Appointment","start":"\/Date(1406822400000)\/","end":"\/Date(1406829600000)\/","isAllDay":false,"timeZone":"America\/Phoenix"}]

It is bound. However, if I pass in this element from a JSON array (provided by the Web service:

[{"bookingId":"1","companyName":"My Appointment","serviceStartDateTime":"\/Date(1406822400000)\/","serviceEndDateTime":"\/Date(1406829600000)\/","isAllDay":false,"timeZone":"America\/Phoenix"}]

And provide this schema element:

{"id":"id","fields":{"id":{"field":"bookingId","type":"number"},"title":{"field":"companyName"},"start":{"field":"serviceStartDateTime","type":"date"},"end":{"field":"serviceEndDateTime","type":"date"},"isAllDay":{"field":"isAllDay","type":"boolean"}}}

I have also tried this schema element:

{"id":"id","fields":{"id":{"from":"bookingId","type":"number"},"title":{"from":"companyName"},"start":{"from":"serviceStartDateTime","type":"date"},"end":{"from":"serviceEndDateTime","type":"date"},"isAllDay":{"from":"isAllDay","type":"boolean"}}}

In both cases, data-binding fails. I finally had to connect the source KendoUI libraries so I could get a useful error. What it logs to my console is:

"TypeError: date is null" and the error occurs on kendo.all.js on line 3560.

After I back-traced it, I could see all the elements coming into the data-binding process, but start was null (serviceStartDateTime had the correct timestamp). So, it looks like Kendo UI Scheduler isn't mapping fields correctly. I just updated my library to the latest version. The header from my source file is:

/*
* Kendo UI v2014.2.903 (http://www.telerik.com/kendo-ui)
* Copyright 2014 Telerik AD. All rights reserved.
*
* Kendo UI commercial licenses may be obtained at
* http://www.telerik.com/purchase/license-agreement/kendo-ui-complete
* If you do not own a commercial license, this file shall be governed by the trial license terms.
*/

Is this an error with Kendo UI or my configuration?

Thanks!
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
2 answers
523 views
Based on the documentation for the removeRow method of the grid, I should be able to remove a row by passing "tr" reference to the method.  Am I not getting the reference the correct way?

I'm capturing a click event on specific cells in the row to handle expand/collapse.  The click event finds the row reference:

var rw = $(this).closest("tr");

I find the detail row:

rw2Del = $(rw).next(".k-detail-row");

I get a reference to the grid:

var grid = $("#boxesgrid").data("kendoGrid");

I then collapse the row to hide it, then I call removeRow - but nothing actually happens:

grid.removeRow(rw2Del);

I'm attaching my test project.
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
2 answers
138 views
If you use an Inline Editor with quite a few tools in IE11 and use it on a fairly small box, the tools will not be on separate lines in IE11, so it will show a scrollbar to go to the right. But if you try to scroll to the right, the inline tools disappear. This causes any tools to the right to be unusable. See this example (use IE11), based upon the Inline Editor demo on your site. It works fine in Chrome, just not in IE.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
1 answer
364 views
I was wondering what exactly happens if I click a cell. I currently have the problem that objects are mapped to cells and the show one property when inactive and a different one when you click on them to edit them.
Where can I define the value that is visible on edit? Can I define that in the datasource or the grid?
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
6 answers
165 views
In version 2013.1.319 clicking the Today link when the input has no initial value sets the datetime value to today's date and the current time: http://jsfiddle.net/digiblue/n6GtT/

In version 2013.1.514 clicking the Today link when the input has no initial value sets the date to today but the time is set to midnight: http://jsfiddle.net/digiblue/fFKkJ/ rather than the current time.

In my application I needed to upgrade to 2013.1.514 to fix a different issue, but now have this new issue. Is there a way to resolve it?

Thank you
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
10 answers
332 views
I am trying to get autocomplete to filter, with no luck using webapi 2 and odata 4
when i look at the url decoded i see
/odata/Locations?filter[logic]=and&filter[filters][0][value]=mun&filter[filters][0][operator]=contains&filter[filters][0][field]=Name&filter[filters][0][ignoreCase]=true

but looking at webapi odata doc filtering syntax looks different, see
for example the syntax for conatins is
$filter=substringof('zz',Name)

am I missing something?
Thanks











Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Sep 2014
7 answers
425 views
Administrators of my app are able to set certain days as "off" days for our company. I would like to be able to tell the DatePicker widget that those dates should be disabled from selection. We are currently using the min/max date settings with very positive feedback but these dates fall inside of the min/max range. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am currently using validation to check if the selected date is within that range and returning an error. Unifying the experience for my users is the ultimate goal, so it's preferable the dates just be disabled from selection.

Thanks!

Ryan Filpi
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?