Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
291 views

I'm working with ASP.NET and using a Kendo listview. I have a checkbox within my listview that is bound to the datasource. The first time the checkbox is checked the datasource is updated. If I uncheck the checkbox, the datasource is not updated. In Chrome, I manually bound the checkbox and datasource after the first check and was able to successfully rebind them. is anyone able to determine what is breaking my bindings?

 

 Here is my listview template:

<script type="text/html" id="buyindividualduebacktemplate">
    <div class="row dueback-list-item">
        <div class="col-xs-3"><b>@Html.Evention().Resource(Balance)</b> #=kendo.toString(Balance,"c")# </div>
        <div class="col-xs-3"><b>@Html.Evention().Resource(Drop)</b> \#: #=DepositEnvelopeId#</div>
        <div class="col-xs-3"><b>@Html.Evention().Resource(Date)</b><span>: #=DateString#</span></div>
        <div class="col-xs-3 right"><input type="checkbox" data-bind="checked:Buy" /></div>
    </div>
</script>

 

Here is my listview widget:

   @(Html.Kendo().ListView<Evention.Models.BuyIndividualDuebackViewModel>()
        .Name(listviewName)
        .TagName("div")
        .ClientTemplateId("buyindividualduebacktemplate")
        .DataSource(datasource =>
                datasource.Batch(true)
                    .Read(read =>
                        {
                            read.Url(Url.Action(MVC.Employees.BuyIndividualDueback.ActionNames.Read, MVC.Employees.BuyIndividualDueback.Name));
                            read.Data(@<text>
                                function(e) {
                                    e.employeeid = @this.Model.EmployeeId;
                                    e.date = '@(this.Model.Date.HasValue ? this.Model.Date.Value.ToShortDateString() : "")';
                                }
                            </text>);
                        })
                    .Update(update =>
                    {
                        update.Url(Url.Action(MVC.Employees.BuyIndividualDueback.ActionNames.Update, MVC.Employees.BuyIndividualDueback.Name));
                        update.Data(@<text>
                                function(e) {
                                    e.signature = $('#sigpad_Signature').signaturePad().getSignatureString();
                                }
                            </text>);
                    })
                    .Model(m =>
                    {
                        m.Id(obj => obj.Id);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.DateTimeFields);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.DepartmentId);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.Amount);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.AmountToBuy);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.Balance);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.Buy);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.DateString);
                        m.Field(obj => obj.DepositEnvelopeId);
                    })
                    .Events(dsevent =>
                    {
                        dsevent.Change(@<text>
                                function(e) {
                                    if (e.action == "itemchange" && e.field == "Buy" && e.items && e.items.length) {
                                        if (e.items[0].Buy == true) {
                                             e.items[0].AmountToBuy = e.items[0].Balance;
                                        }
                                        else {
                                             e.items[0].AmountToBuy = 0;
                                        }  
                                    }
                                }
                            </text>);
                        dsevent.Sync(@<text>
                                function(e) {
                                    javascript:history.go(-1);
                                }
                            </text>);
                    })
                    )
         .Events(e =>
         {
             e.DataBound("listview_databound");
         }
         )
    )

 

And my databound function:

    function listview_databound(e) {
        var target = e.sender.element;
        target.children().each(function (index, item) {
            var dataItem = e.sender.dataItem(item);
            kendo.bind(item, dataItem);
        });
    };​

Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
5 answers
232 views

using the following constructor in the parse function throws an exception:

new Function("args", body);

"Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifierkendo.data.DataSource.schema.parse @ KendoWorklist?processId=1:257g.extend.success @ kendo?v=eOyB53xLlSdFHOrBbggvVxenL4FmfrA-viibHS3DbGs1:1g.extend.read.i._queueRequest.i.online.i.transport.read.success @ kendo?v=eOyB53xLlSdFHOrBbggvVxenL4FmfrA-viibHS3DbGs1:1vt.extend.read.i.success @ kendo?v=eOyB53xLlSdFHOrBbggvVxenL4FmfrA-viibHS3DbGs1:1i.Callbacks.a @ jquery?v=FVs3ACwOLIVInrAl5sdzR2jrCDmVOWFbZMY6g6Q0ulE1:1i.Callbacks.h.fireWith @ jquery?v=FVs3ACwOLIVInrAl5sdzR2jrCDmVOWFbZMY6g6Q0ulE1:1k @ jquery?v=FVs3ACwOLIVInrAl5sdzR2jrCDmVOWFbZMY6g6Q0ulE1:1i.ajaxTransport.send.u @ jquery?v=FVs3ACwOLIVInrAl5sdzR2jrCDmVOWFbZMY6g6Q0ulE1:1"

why would the new Function constructor not work in the parse function?

Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
1 answer
141 views

Hello,

kendo scheduler scrolls to up when I'm trying to select slot in the bottom part of the scheduler.
It works fine in FF, Chrome but not in IE.

Example in attached file.

When i specified fixed height of scheduler, it worked fine. But I can't to use fixed height in application because of huge data in all Day section (see screenshot from attached).

Any ​suggestions please

 

Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2015
2 answers
115 views

I'm trying to make my map automatically zoom in on the part where I'm displaying data.  

I can calculate a rectangle which contains all the points I care about.  That's what I would need for the Silverlight RadMap's SetView method, but I haven't been able to find anything equivalent to SetView for the Kendo Map.  

Is there a way to get it to zoom to a rectangle?

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
2 answers
225 views

Trying to get a list of switches working when rendering from within a list-view template.  Please advise why the following sample is failing:

 http://plnkr.co/edit/dQ14CsMSVC7uU3zS9XZC

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
1 answer
356 views

Hi,

 I have a chart with a Date category axis that has an undetermined number of labels (at least 2). I can use the "Skip" property to skip either the first label or the last label, but not both it seems. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
2 answers
412 views

I have a kendo menu inside of a kendo window and would like the menu to draw over top of the window. 
Here is an example: http://dojo.telerik.com/epezo/2

 The problem is that the menu expands within the window, the desired behaviour is for it to expand over the window in a similar way as this drop down list in this link: http://dojo.telerik.com/URODA/2.



 â€‹

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
3 answers
622 views
I try to add a new row to a treelist. Is the following code a good procedure?:

Call this: tree.editRow(parentCell);

Then I have a function on treelist edit:
private OnEdit(e: kendo.ui.TreeListEditEvent) {
  e.model['id'] = -1;  //A new, unique and temporarily id
  tree.dataSource.add(e.model);
  tree.saveRow();
}

If I edit the new row before it is saved to the server, I have to do this to confirm the change:
tree.dataSource.add(e.model);
tree.saveRow();

But if the row already has been saved, I only need to do this:
tree.saveRow();

Is this the procedure? (the procedure is okay with me, but it could be there where a better way)
Please ask, if I’m not clear.
Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
3 answers
91 views

Hi,

I'm using kendo.ui.progress to create a loading mask for many of my kendo widgets. On a mobile browser, the loading animation never disappears after the window content has finished loading. The loading masks on grids and views disappear correctly on mobile browsers. I can force the mask to disappear by calling kendo.ui.progress in Chrome's console, however I don't want to be adding this to my views when it is already functional on a desktop browser.

 Has anyone run into anything like this before?

 Thanks,

 Brian

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
2 answers
760 views

I have DropDownList with a remote data source and serverFiltering. 

<input ref="combo3"
  data-role="dropdownlist"
  data-value-primitive="true"
  data-text-field="name"
  data-value-field="id"
  data-filter= "contains"
  data-bind="value: combo3Value, source: combo3Source"/>
 

My data source is like this (ES6 code)

 

combo3Source = new kendo.data.DataSource({
        serverFiltering: true,
        transport : {
 
          read : (e)=>{
 
            let url = "";
            if ( e.data.filter && e.data.filter.filters.length === 1){
              url = `/CI/search?text=${e.data.filter.filters[0].value}`;
              this.httpClient.get(url).then((response)=>{
                e.success(response.content);
              });
            }
            else {
              e.success([]);
            }
          }
        }
      });

 

As you can see in the code, my idea ​is to only fetch data if a filter is provided and return and empty result if no filter is ​provided. This approach works well but there is one edge case​: If I load my form and the bound MVVM property already has a value then the DropDownList doesn't not know what text to display for the selected value. I expected that it would call the datasouce with a filter ​like "where id = 1829" but does not.

How am I supposed to provide the initial value?

 Thanks

Sylvain

 

 

 

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?