Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
198 views

I am creating a Client Template column in Kendo grid of type number as follows. 

columns.Bound(c => c.MaxAcceptable).ClientTemplate("<Input type='number' name= 'ColName3[#=index(data)#].MaxAcceptable' value='#= MaxAcceptable #'  id='MaxAcc' readonly min='0' max='7200'/>"

Initially the field is readonly and this attribute is removed using jquery when a checkbox is checked in another column in the same grid so that the user can enter/change the value.

 $(cols).find("[id=MaxAcc]").attr('readonly', false);

 However, when readonly is made false the spinners do not appear in Internet Explorer (any version) but they work fine in Chrome & Firefox. The user can still use the keyboard to input numeric values but the spinners do not come back and also up/down arrows in keyboard do not work. - Attached screenshot.

 

_Layout.cshtml file has the following tags

<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

Kendo version - 2015.1.408

Can you please help me out?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jawad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
313 views

Hi,

I need to add validation on Insert button while adding Hyperlink to text. Validation will be like, URL for hyperlink should start with either http or https.

Please refer the attached image

Thanks.

Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
2 answers
284 views

Hi 

I am trying to use the Kendo Scheduler for a roster application. Our client has a long working hour spanning the day boundary, from 9am to 2am (next day). I try to configure the Kendo schedule HTML control to do it but without success so far, please help, this might be a potential bug.

 

I have tried to set working day setting of the scheduler

workDayStart: new Date(1901, 1, 1, 9, 0, 0),
workDayEnd: new Date(1901, 1, 1,23, 0, 0),

 and I have tried to set the range of the timeline view

 views: [{type: 'timeline', title: 'Shift working hour view', startTime: new Date(1901, 1, 1, 8, 0, 0), endTime: new Date(1901, 1, 2, 3, 0, 0)}]

 

Both of above give me the same result, the schedule grid is showing correctly with the correct start and end time (spanning the day range), however none of my events are showing. 

 The events works fine if I use the show full day option or if when I set the startTime and endTime to be on the same day. Is this a bug in the scheduler or I am missing something here.

I have manage to replicate this issue using a Scheduler demo code as base

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/scheduler/resources-grouping-vertical

and my modification in Dojo where I apply the custom time range and events are not displaying anymore

http://dojo.telerik.com/@shenglin@mhinteractive.co.nz/ECAWO/3

 

Thank you 

 

Shenglin

 

 

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
106 views

Hi,

I'm trying to preventing the creation or updating of a task with the same route_id and the same period of a another task.

Here is my code : http://dojo.telerik.com/@idoglik6/ocavO

I'm using a function called : isRouteAlreadyScheduledInside() to find out if the user can continue with the save process or not.

if not the flag "sameRouteLocation" is on and the tooltip pop up.

My problem is that: It's not working so well and the tooltip icon pop up with delay.

I would be happy to use the build-in tooltip "k-tooltip-validation" with my condition (isRouteAlreadyScheduledInside) on my select called "Route".

 Thanks,

Ran

 

 

 

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
217 views

Hi,
In our application we have template which contains paragraph with span, which is responsible for holding list of selected files to upload. E.g.:

<p>
   <span class="filenames-holder"></span>
</p>

But after we put this template into editor it turned out that this paragraph is empty. I found that editor replaces all 'empty' paragraph's contents with some other data:

 

_fillEmptyElements: function(body) {
    // fills empty elements to allow them to be focused
    $(body).find("p").each(function() {
        var p = $(this);
        if (/^\s*$/g.test(p.text()) && !p.find("img,input").length) {
            var node = this;
            while (node.firstChild && node.firstChild.nodeType != 3) {
                node = node.firstChild;
            }
 
            if (node.nodeType == 1 && !dom.empty[dom.name(node)]) {
                node.innerHTML = kendo.ui.editor.emptyElementContent;
            }
        }
    });
},

 Is there an option to prevent Editor from doing it?

 

Radosław Maziarka

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
391 views

Hi,

I am upgrading to Kendo UI Pro 2015.3.1111 and have this error: 'Cannot read property 'draggable' of undefined' with the RangeSlider widget.  This happens each time when I grab an end of the range and drag it.

I can reproduce the error by choosing to edit your example at http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/slider/api and then running the example and sliding the range slider. I see the example is using the exact same version

Any idea when this would be fixed or is it already on the radar?


Cheers,

Rob.

Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
4 answers
452 views

Hi,

I am in need to export an HTML page to PDF. However, I want to place an image on a specific location on the exported PDF. Is this doable with the current PDF Export feature?

 

Thank you,

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
2 answers
1.2K+ views
I am using Kendo-Ui Calendar. Using kendo date picker I am selecting two dates and mapping those two dates in kendo calendar. The dates which are not in between those dates I am disabling the selection using css. But I am getting hover colour and I want to disable the events.

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
192 views

 I'm running Kendo UI v2015.3.1111 on IE 11.

I have an MVC6 controller action that looks like this:

public IActionResult GetJsonData(Guid id)
{
    var temp2 = "[{\"id\": 1, \"Product\": \"Mower\", \"MSRP\": 189.99}, {\"id\": 2,  \"Product\": \"Imagine Fountain\", \"MSRP\": 59.99}]";
    return Json(temp2);
}

On the client, my javascript function looks like this:

function ApplyGrid(componentId) {
 
    $('#grid01').kendoGrid({
        dataSource: {
            transport: {
                read: {
                    url: '/Data/GetJsonData/' + componentId,
                    dataType: 'json'
                }
            },
            schema: {
                data: 'data'
            }
        }
    });
}
 

 This generates the following exception: 

Unhandled exception at line 11, column 28216 in http://localhost:51518/kendo/kendo.all.min.js
 
0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'slice' of undefined or null reference

 How should my controller action return the json data?  Or is there a different setting in the kendoGrid I should be using?

 

 

 

 

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
1 answer
428 views

Hey there, I am reviewing the functionality of the AutoComplete and have a question on how the filtering works for the remote datasource.  I want to use it to pull a list of contacts.  Kendo Example: http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/autocomplete/serverfiltering

However I don't understand how the remote datasource connection works.  All of the examples point to a service that pull a list but I don't see where they send the search filter criteria to the server?

For example I would expect the service call to be something like: \Controller\Action\myFilterString   (Or sending data in the body of an ajax call)

So that leads me to believe that the autocomplete pulls the entire list, and then does all filtering client side.  Which is probably great in most cases, but when the dataset gets very large does it hurt performance or use too much memory?   Does anyone have any experience with larger datasets?

In my case my User list is currently 3500 records, but I expect that to probably double in about a year.

If anyone wants to share there thoughts on best practices with large datasets, please chime in.  (IE when is a large dataset considered TOO large to pull the entire list?)

Thank You!

Coty
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?