Hello all,
I am interested in displaying multiple fields in the textbox portion of the autocomplete control when a user selects the value from the dropdown. I have templatized the dropdown using the template property. I realize one way to do this would be to just create the computed field in my web service and then set the dataTextField property to that field but it seems like there would be a way to do it within the kendo functionality itself. Is this something I can do in the schema perhaps?
Thanks for any guidance.
schema: { model: { id: "Id", fields: { Id: { type: "number" }, Column1: { type: "string"}, Column2: { type: "string" }, } }},.......columns: [ { field:"Column1", title: "Column1", }, { field: "Column2", title: "Column2", }, { command: [{text:"Edit record", name:"edit"}, {text:"Delete record",name:"destroy"}], title: " ", width: "210px" }]
Is it possible to put a bootstrap dropdown menu in a grid cell?
<div class="dropdown">
<button class="btn btn-primary dropdown-toggle" type="button" data-toggle="dropdown">Dropdown Example
<span class="caret"></span></button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu">
<li><a href="#">HTML</a></li>
<li><a href="#">CSS</a></li>
<li><a href="#">JavaScript</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

I have a database table that is based on this model:
1.public partial class ClientTableRow2.{3. public Guid Id { get; set; }4. public Guid TableId { get; set; }5. public Guid UserId { get; set; }6. public string RowData { get; set; }7. public DateTimeOffset CreatedOn { get; set; }8.}The RowData contains JSON.
The API call which retrieves the data, usually by TableId, modifies the JSON somewhat by adding the record's "Id" and "CreatedOn" fields. The following javascript gives me much of what I want:
1.$.get('/Data/GetJsonData/' + tableId, function (data) {2. var gridName = '#' + tableId + '-grid';3. var grid = $(gridName).kendoGrid({4. dataSource: data,5. selectable: true,6. sortable: true7. });8.});Visually the grid looks good except for the fact that Id show up in the grid... and since it is a Guid consumes a screen space.
There are 3 goals I'd like to achieve.
Is there a way to achieve these goals with the fact that we won't know what the Json data looks like? The only fields that will ever be consistent are the Id and the CreatedOn date since they are attached to the Json before it's sent to the grid. (It *is* safe to assume that all Json data with the same TableId are similar.)

Hi, I have a few question about the aggregations feature of the Kendo grid. I've attached a picture to you that it will be easier for me to explain my requirements.
My question is if i want to apply the paging on this grid that summation values will be the summation of current page. Is it possible i can calculate it on server side and populate the sum result into the bottom row on Kendo grid?