I will try to answer to your questions one by one. Please, let me know if I misunderstood some of them and give a bit more explanation, so I will be able to properly address them.
- When creating a table in the Editor, the created table is editable by default. You could add content to the cells and add / remove rows / columns. Watch the following video for reference;
- When typing in a table cell, the cell width will be automatically adjusted, according to the cell content. I am afraid, that this default behaviour of the table could not be altered;
- When adding columns, their width is also calculated according to the content already available in the other columns. The width of the newly created column also takes into account the total width available for the table. If no more space is available due to the already inserted content, the table itself gets resized (becomes wider);
- You are correct. At the moment the Table wizard allows you to select either all cells or the top-left cell to be initially configured. If you think that such configuration option would add value to the Editor functionality, I would suggest you to log it as a Feature request in our Feedback portal;
- Because of the default styling of the content area of the Editor, the cellspacing setting for the Table being created will not be visible in the preview of the created content. Configuring this property, however, will alter the HTML being generated. You could observe the above on the following video
Telerik by Progress