This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Javascript Issue with 2009.1.311.20

5 Answers 115 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 17 Mar 2009, 06:33 PM

Today I upgraded from the Telerik.Web.UI version 2008.3.1125.20 to version 2009.1.311.20. Doing so broke all the javascript/AJAX functionality on my webpage. After a couple of hours of removing controls I eventually narrowed the problem down to setting the RadDock.Visible property to false.

When that property is set to false, either in the markup or in the code behind, a javascript error occurs in the MicrosoftAjax.js file. With identical code this error does not occur for the previous version of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly.

Here is a link to a sample project I have created demonstrating the issue: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/109257/RadControlsExample.zip.

Currently the project references the 2009.1.311.20 version of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly in the /dep/Telerik.Web.UI/2009.1.311.20 folder. You can run the project to see that an error occurs in the javascript execution of the page. You will also notice that the javascript function DockInitialize() that I added to the Default.aspx markup that changes the cursor when you mouse onto and off of the title bar for the RadDocks does not work because of this error.

If you change the referenced Telerik.Web.UI assembly to the one located in the /dep/Telerik.Web.UI/2008.3.1125.20 folder (the previous version) and uncomment the proper .axd references in the Web.config file you will see that the page loads without error and the javascript functions properly.

I'm would like a solution to this error so I can upgrade as soon as possible. In the meantime I am going to have to use an older version of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly.

Thank you.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Andrew,

By design the RadDock control could be visible or hidden on the page. Instead RadDock.Visible property, You should use the RadDock.Closed property. 

Regards,
Petio Petkov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 08:44 PM
Andrew,
As a general rule i never use the visible tag on "anything" for this exact reason, it happens to a few asp.net controls as well. but rather use Close or style='display:none;' to show and hide controls etc.

I prefer using display:none because it allows me to hook up some client js to show and hide without taking a trip to the server.

Christopher
Madhuri Nimse
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2010, 12:04 PM
Hi ,

I am new to RAD Control.
I want to know ASP.NET 2009.1.311.20 version support to which Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 ?
I am quite confused.

Thanks & Regards,
Madhuri Nimse
Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Jan 2010, 02:58 PM
@Madhuri, Supports all of them. :)
Pero
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Madhuri,

Telerik provides two Telerik.Web.UI libraries (DDLs) - one for .NET Framework 2.0 and the other one for .NET Framework 3.5. If your application is using 2.0 version than you should use the .NET 2.0 Telerik DLL.

Regards,
Pero
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Tags
Dock
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2