Javascript error

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Alex White
    Alex White avatar
    35 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2009 Link to this post

Hi,

I am having an issue with a content page that gives a javascript error every time I click on a radtabstrip tab the code is below

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.1.527.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"

Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="tabMain">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiMain" />

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tabMain" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

<div style="position: absolute; top: 100px; left: 50px; text-align: center">

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tabMain" runat="server" MultiPageID="multiMain" Skin="Office2007"

SelectedIndex="0" Width="800px" OnTabClick="tabMain_TabClick" AutoPostBack="True"

ClickSelectedTab="True">

<Tabs>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Login" PageViewID="PageLogin" Selected="True">

</telerik:RadTab>

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Forgot Password" PageViewID="PageForgotPassword">

<telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Change Password" PageViewID="PageChangePassword">

</Tabs>

</telerik:RadTabStrip>

<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="multiMain" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" Width="800px"

BorderStyle="Outset" BorderColor="Blue" BorderWidth="2px">

<telerik:RadPageView ID="PageLogin" runat="server">

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</telerik:RadPageView>

<telerik:RadPageView ID="PageForgotPassword" runat="server">

<telerik:RadPageView ID="PageChangePassword" runat="server">

</telerik:RadMultiPage>

the issue seems to be if there is a radcombobox within a radpageview,

the javascript error is on the following line.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._destroyTree(_3c);

I am running VS 2010, IE8 on Server 2008, I have attempted to recreate the page serveral times and the error occurs on every new page.

Regards

Alex

2. Paul
    Admin
    Paul avatar
    4281 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2009 Link to this post

Hello Alex,

I think it will be best if you can open a support ticket and send us a simple running project (incl. your custom skin, CSS, images, DB backup if needed and so on) demonstrating the problem (and step-by-step instructions on doing so). In that way we can reproduce and pinpoint the problems you're facing on our side, understand the logic of your application and provide a solution.

Thanks,
    Paul
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. david
    david avatar
    34 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Hi,
    I am having this same problem.

Do you have a link to the support ticket created or the solution that was found?

If not I will upgrade to the latest release then try to repro mine and open a ticket myself.

It might be a nice for you (Telerik) to try to close the loop on a lot of these forum posts where you ask the requestor to open a ticket for more help, by providing a link to the ticket so opened... there are quite a lot of forum posts that end like that and they cause a bit of a dead end for googlers in the future... While I have your attention, have you noticed that you seem say that a lot? "Please open a support ticket blah blah blah"... why is it your customers who have to do that? Why don't you "promote" a forum post to a support ticket and keep the flow, remove the work for the poor person who found your bug for you, and keep everyone happier?

Thanks.
  4. Carl
    Admin
    Carl avatar
    12 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2009 Link to this post

Hi david,

The particular issue that Alex had (which derived this error) was due to using .NET 4 which, as you know, is a beta product. The problem you are having might be due to the same reason, or there might be another source for the error message. If you are not using .NET 4 please try to create the sample you mentioned (displaying the issue) and submit it in a support ticket.

Since users cannot attach their projects to their forum posts it is more efficient to have them submit a ticket with attached sample code so that we can better assist them. For instances where there is enough information for us to respond without such a submission we answer right here on the forums, as opposed to converting the thread to a ticket.

Best wishes,
    Carl
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.