Issues trying to upgrade Telerik.Web.UI (2014.1.403.35) and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins (2014.1.403.35) from Telerik.Web.UI (2014.1.403.35) and Telerik.Web.UI.Skins (2014.1.403.35)

1 Answer 74 Views
ComboBox General Discussions Grid Menu
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sam asked on 22 Nov 2022, 05:45 PM

While trying to upgrade noted versions of Telerik dlls from 2014 to 2016, I am getting the following compile error

Error 31 The type or namespace name 'Telerik' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I followed the steps to upgrade outlined in the "Upgrade your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps" article https://www.telerik.com/blogs/upgrade-the-version-of-your-telerik-asp.net-controls-in-6-easy-steps?_ga=2.80374999.1963511989.1669135347-1568160397.1669135347&_gl=1*1b5a3vu*_ga*MTU2ODE2MDM5Ny4xNjY5MTM1MzQ3*_ga_9JSNBCSF54*MTY2OTEzNzUyMC4yLjEuMTY2OTEzNzcyNi4wLjAuMA..

Still getting the errors.

Resetting the references back to the 2014 version fixes the errors.

Please help me to resolve

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin Dragnev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2022, 12:31 PM

Hi Sam,

The error you are facing is most likely caused by the missing DLL files or the presence of a license.licx file containing the old versions.

If you have followed the guide from the Upgrade Your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps Blog post, then I assume the Upgrading a Trial to a Developer License or to a Newer Version article did not help either.

Having in mind that restoring the old version eliminates the problem, I believe the issue is with the license file (license.licx). 

Here is my suggestion:

If the project still does not build, the problem might be with the web.config.

• Verify the web.config and see if there are any Telerik-specific records that point to a specific version. If so, update the versions accordingly
  • Other than the web.config, you can also check the Pages, whether you are registering the control with or without specifying the version. If so, update the version.

In case the error still persists, you can check out the following, you can also check out the Known Issues article. It contains solutions for known issues and might help resolve the issue.

I hope this will help resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Valentin Dragnev
    Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
    ComboBox General Discussions Grid Menu
    Asked by
    Sam
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Answers by
    Valentin Dragnev
    Telerik team
    Share this question
    or