This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue using Radeditor/Webparts in Sharepoint 2010 for WCM

3 Answers 70 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ath
Top achievements
Rank 1
ath asked on 26 Sep 2012, 03:37 PM
I am trying to add a custom webpart into a publishing html field that has radeditor applied to it. I am using radeditor 6.2 and this is in SP2010.
I can add the webpart, but it doesn't function properly at all. When clicking on the webpart drown down icon nothing happens. Also any updates to the webpart code are not reflected unless I delete it out and re-add it. I tried the same thing inside a publishing html field where radeditor was not present and it worked as expected. I've set both the AllowSpecialTags and AllowScripts fields to be true. Radeditor seems to be stripping something out that prevents the webpart from wiring up correctly.

Please help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2012, 08:34 AM
Hello,

My suggestion is to upgrade to the latest version 6.4 of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 and if the problem still persists to check for any JavaScript or server errors on the page and report them.

Here is also a sample web part project with RadEditor for SharePoint 2010: RadEditorWebPart.zip, which you can also test.

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
ath
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2012, 09:13 PM
6.4 makes no difference. No errors. When looking at the html in a html publishing field w/o radeditor I see the following with a webpart:

<div contenteditable="false" class="ms-rtestate-read ms-rte-wpbox"><div id="div_495281f4-4b90-45a3-bd9e-1b0e979c7281" class="ms-rtestate-notify  ms-rtestate-read 495281f4-4b90-45a3-bd9e-1b0e979c7281"></div>
<div id="vid_495281f4-4b90-45a3-bd9e-1b0e979c7281" style="display: none;"></div></div>

However, when using through Radeditor, the html shows as the actual rendered html of the web part. It seems like Radeditor is breaking the way the web part is wired up.

Any ideas?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 10:47 AM
Hello,

The Insert Web Part is a relatively new functionality in RadEditor for SharePoint and there are problems when inserting more complex WebParts. The problem is due to that the content is modified by the RadEditor's content filters which make the content XHTML. If the filters are disabled the WebPart HTML content will become even more mangled because the Rich Text Editing engines of the different browsers will corrupt it even more.

The Insert Web Part problems are logged with high priority in our system, but due to the complexity of this SharePoint functionality I could not provide a firm estimate when they will be solved.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
ath
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
ath
Top achievements
Rank 1