This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue in destroy object of rad window on close event in telerik 2008

4 Answers 218 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chanda asked on 30 Apr 2012, 11:42 AM
We are using Telerik Rad Window in our application.
rad window object is not destroyed
on close event of Rad window.so we are facing issue of memory leak.

we are using Telerik 2008 version.

we had used destroyonClose property but we are not able to solved the memory leak issue.its showing same memory usage after close window and its increase on opening a rad window.

Kindly provide us solution for the same.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2012, 03:28 PM
Hello Chanda,

What is the tool you are using to confirm this? I am asking this because the Sieve tool for example is known to show false positives and the task manager is not a reliable tool for monitoring memory usage of a page, because its statistics depend on many system factors that usually are not even be related to the browser.

I strongly advise that you upgrade to the latest version which currently is Q1 2011 SP1. The version you are referring to is 4 years old and does not support modern browsers. In additional to support for new browsers you will also benefit from many fixes and improvements in the controls. I cannot confirm if the issue you report is an actual bug in your version or the problem stems from something in the exact project, but I can confirm that the DestroyOnClose functionality works properly in the latest versions.

Kind regards,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Chanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2012, 08:50 AM

Hi Marin ,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Process Explorer v15.05 tool to identify memory usage. Our application is on .Net Framework 4.0  And we have tried with IE6/7/8 browser but received same result.
Your reply says that "DestroyOnClose" is working fine in latest version; does it means there is some issue with this property in telerik version 2008 Q2 which we are using?

Thanks and Regards,
Chanda.

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2012, 03:10 PM

Hello Chanda,

Please examine my previous post as the answer to your question is there:

I cannot confirm if the issue you report is an actual bug in your version or the problem stems from something in the exact project

is the line I am referring to. Thus, my advise still stands - upgrading to the latest version is the approach I suggest.

Greetings,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Hassan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Feb 2013, 12:33 PM
Hello Chanda,
i have same problem,(i used ajax asp.net telerik).
please try this it work beside me fine:
code behind:
                RadWindowManager1.Windows.Clear();  
                RadWindow window1 = new RadWindow();
                window1.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;
                window1.ID = "RadWindow1";
                window1.Width = 800;
                window1.Height = 500;
                Image imageholder11 = new Image();
               //arguments to show on window1
                imageholder11.ImageUrl = "~/" + commandArgs[1] + "/" + commandArgs[2] + commandArgs[3];
                window1.ContentContainer.Controls.Add(imageholder11);
                RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(window1);
html code:
      <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" 
            DestroyOnClose="True" Title="Document" IconUrl="~/favicon.ico"> 
        </telerik:RadWindowManager>

i hope to be helpful,
hassan
Tags
Dock
Asked by
Chanda