This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Integrating Telerik with Sharepoint 2010

1 Answer 388 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mariana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mariana asked on 08 Sep 2011, 05:55 PM
Hi!

In my organization need to use Sharepoint to facilitate the modification of websites by the direct user, that's why we started to used Sharepoint, but we faced a problem, actually we were developing with visual studio 2010 and telerik for ASP, I started to develop aspx in Sharepoint designer but Sharepoint doesn't recognize the telerik tags, so my question is: do we need to install some package?, do we need another product to sharepoint?, what do we need to integrate telerik with sharepoint 2010? we want to use all the Telerik's collection (radTabStrip, menus, skins, ...) in the Sharepoint designer. I have a Sharepoint Server and in my personal computer i have Visual Studio and Telerik installed. does the software should be installed in the same machine?

Thanks in advance, i'm very confused!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Mariana,

All you need to do for using Telerik controls in SharePoint 2010 is to install the SharePoint 2010 Web Parts on the SharePont server. Check the following online help article: Installing RadEditor & RadGrid Web Parts on SharePoint 2010. This will automatically deploy the .net 3.5 version in the GAC of the server and will add some SafeControl elements in the web.config of the SharePoint's application.

I have a Sharepoint Server and in my personal computer i have Visual Studio and Telerik installed. does the software should be installed in the same machine? -  In this case you install RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX on your personal computer, then install the SharePoint acceleration kit (SharePoint 2010 Web Parts) on the server. Also you can unzip the Telerik_AJAX_Controls_For_Sharepointxxx_xxxx_x_xxxx_Dev(trial).zip and RadControlsSP.wsp to use RadEditorSharePoint.dll (this is the assembly where is implemented the specially designed RadEditor for SP2010). There you can also use Telerik.Ajax.SharePoint.dll  if you want to dome some custom inheritance of the other WebParts.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Mariana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Share this question
or