This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installing RadControlsForAspNetAjaxSetup_2012_2_912, how to work with SharePoint?

3 Answers 48 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad asked on 18 Sep 2012, 03:09 PM
I have installed RadControlsForAspNetAjaxSetup_2012_2_912 free trial on my server that hosts SharePoint 2010. My issue is, I can't find anything related to Telerik or RadEditor in SharePoint after the install. Is there something else that I need to do or am I missing something? Please let me know how I can resolve this.

Thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Brad,

Looking through your download history it looks like you have installed the main RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installation package (used for ASP.NET development in Visual Studio), instead of the package containing our SharePoint web parts.

You should be using the "Sharepoint 2010 Web Parts" download from the RadControls download page:
Download RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Version: 2012.2 912 (Sep 12, 2012)

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2012, 04:59 PM
That is working thank you. The reason for installing this is to be able to insert code blocks into a sharepoint wiki or other page. Do you have a tutorial or documentation on that?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 02:15 PM
Hello,

You can use the Insert Code Snippet tool of RadEditor for SharePoint to do that: Code Snippets.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1