This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installing and using Telerik_UI_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2016

7 Answers 194 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rahul asked on 01 Feb 2016, 12:27 PM

Hi,

I have got the zip file of Telerik_UI_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2016 zip file from my client, I have extracted this zip file on c://ProgramFiles(x86)/Telerik folder and created one asp.net application in c# visual studio 2015 and added the reference to Telerik.web.dll located in above location but after compiling the application it is giving me an error as "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2016.1.113.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)" .

please let me know can I use Telerik tool kit from zip file? or do I have to install the telerik tool kit on development server ?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2016, 01:14 PM

Hi Rahul,

You should copy the Telerik assemblies to the ~/BIN and reference them from that folder. This provides the following:

• portability—your solution will work immediately without external dependencies (e.g., when a team member downloads from the source control system).
  • easy deployment—just copying the compiled site/app to production will suffice.
  • no installation will be needed for the Telerik controls, either on your machine, or on the server.
  • full control over the assemblies, their location, version and references—when referencing external folders there may be wrong assemblies there (some may be deleted, or their versions may vary) or even the entire folder may be missing which will cause a compilation error.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2016, 05:49 PM

Hi, Marin,

I'm having the same issue.  Copied the dll's to /bin and referenced them from there.  Got the "operation is not supported" error.

Thanks,

Mark

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2016, 08:21 AM

Hi Mark,

Judging from your support ticket on the matter, the issue seems to be related to the VS project references and adding proper references to a new project has resolved the situation. I am adding this information here in case someone else stumbles on such an error.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Marin.  The interesting thing was that a project would build several times, then the error came.  Likely an unfathomable VS issue. While the solution (create a new project) worked, it is likely only realistic at the very start of a project.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2016, 08:17 AM

Indeed, Mark, this is odd and should not happen. My best guess at this point is that something in the concrete environment is causing the file lock (e.g., source control making files read-only or the build may be downloading files from the source control and failing to replace them properly if they are read only). There is a "Get everything from source control when a project is opened" checkbox in the VS source control settings that has been reported to cause VS to fail to update the .designer files, so something similar may be happening.

I do hope that you will be able to continue working without issues because recreating the project is, indeed, feasible only in the start.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2016, 12:53 PM
I am experiencing this same issue with VS2015. I recently upgraded VS and encountered this error when reopening a mature project for minor repairs. Now I cannot build the project, which is leaving me in a pickle.

Note: a 'lib' folder with the Telerik DLL files was created when I opened the project, possibly by the Telerik extension... I have a support ticket in on the issue and am continuing to try to fix this one.
Victor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jan 2017, 07:18 PM

In case this helps others -- I also had this issue when upgrading from the trial (2016.2.504.40) to the paid version (2016.3.1027.45). Found a license file with the old trial version in the properties folder. I deleted this file and the project built without having to start over.

This was my error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2016.2.504.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Hope it helps.

Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements