This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation issue with RadEditor on SharePoint 2010

1 Answer 222 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gary Meade
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gary Meade asked on 22 Jul 2010, 02:11 PM
Hi,

I am having an issue installing the RadEditor (RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Dev) on a SharePoint 2010 server.

I run the msi as a domain admin, that has full rights to the farm.  The installer runs, I accept the License Agreement, hit next a few times and then watch the status bar fill out.  Then it ends with the following error (see attached screen shot of the error).

I ran the installer again and logged the results of the msi out to a file.  I appended the error from the log to the bottom of this post.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Gary

Here is the excerpt from the log that shows the error:

MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:43:58:033]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=InstallSPSolution,,)
Action 9:43:58: InstallSPSolution.
MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:43:58:096]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=InstallSPSolution,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=InstallSPSolution,CustomActionData=RadControlsSP.wsp)
MSI (s) (A4:58) [09:43:58:189]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIC10B.tmp, Entrypoint: InstallSPSolution
MSI (s) (A4:F4) [09:43:58:189]: Generating random cookie.
MSI (s) (A4:F4) [09:43:58:189]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 5540 (0x15A4).
MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:43:58:252]: Running as a service.
MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:43:58:267]: Hello, I'm your 64bit Elevated custom action server.
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIC10B.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v2.0.50727
Calling custom action DeployWspOnSharepointCustomAction!DeployWspOnSharepointCustomAction.CustomAction.InstallSPSolution
Begin installing Sharepoint solution.
Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Cannot access the local farm.

Verify that the local farm is properly configured, currently available, and that you have the appropriate permissions to access the database before trying again. --->

Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletException: Cannot access the local farm. Verify that the local farm is properly configured, currently available, and that you have the appropriate

permissions to access the database before trying again.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdlet.BeginProcessing()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
   at System.Management.Automation.PipelineNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)
   at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
CustomAction InstallSPSolution returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 9:44:02: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:44:02:783]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (A4:BC) [09:44:02:783]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Gary,

We identified issues with the Sharepoint installer which, unfortunately, we are still unable to reproduce locally. We will do our best to improve these for our next release.
As for the moment I would recommend attempting a manual installation.

Please, create a  support ticket requesting the files necessary for performing a manual installation.

Regards, Biliana
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Gary Meade
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
Share this question
or