This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Implementing DragAndDropManager in version 2012.1.326.40

1 Answer 44 Views
DragAndDrop
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Igor Stefanovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Igor Stefanovic asked on 01 Oct 2016, 09:02 AM

I have problem with using DragAndDropManager for Telerik version 2012.1.326.40. Recently I find out that one of my old projects has problem with drag end drop with some list boxes. It was using RadDragAndDropManager to handle drag and drop. So I switched to DragAndDropManager. However in 2012.1.326 version of controls there is no DragDropPayloadManager. All examples are using this class to pass data so my question is can I implement DragAndDropManager in this version of controls and how to replace DragDropPayloadManager.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 05 Oct 2016, 07:20 AM
Hi Igor,

You could use the DataObject class to pass the desired data and replace the DragDropPayloadManager. For example check the implementation below:
private void OnDragInitialize(object sender, DragInitializeEventArgs args)
{
    DataObject dragData = new DataObject(yourData);
    dragData.SetData("DragDropData", args.OriginalSource);
    args.Data = dragData;
}

However, we suggest you to consider upgrading your application to a higher version in order to get advantage of all new features and controls provided by the suite including the DragDropPayloadManaged. You could also check the following article that provides detailed information how to migrate to the DragDropManager:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/dragdropmanager/migration

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
DragAndDrop
Asked by
Igor Stefanovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question
or