IE9 Radeditor - Adding additional Doctype and head junk

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chris
    Chris avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2008

    Posted 30 Apr 2011 Link to this post


    Hello,

    I just wanted to report another issue with the RadEditor Control and support for IE9 using the latest release build 2011.1.413.35.

    Apparently, the control is adding in a bunch of junk (trying to duplicate and then format the doctype and head sections).  Here's what I get when I use it normally (in ConvertToXhtml):

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></meta><title>Test</title><style type="text/css">p { margin-top: 10px; }</style></head><body><!--CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dt--><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></meta><title>Test</title><style type="text/css">p { margin-top: 10px; }</style>begin my text


    Here's what I should get and DO get when I use the 

    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

    workaround:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html><head><title>Test</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><style type="text/css">
    p { margin-top: 10px; }</style></head><body>begin my text


    Anyway, I wanted to report this in case others ran into the problem and also to hopefully get this fixed so I don't have to hack my code.

    There should probably be an email that goes out or some form of notification about these problems.  They are pretty serious issues that affects a lot of content management and that could really be a pain for users or admins to go back and fix in their systems.
  2. Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

    Posted 04 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Chris,

    We are not aware of this problem and you are the first one to report it. I tried to reproduce it locally but to no avail. Could you please provide more detailed information on how to reproduce this issue? The complete RadEditor's configuration, a sample content reproducing the problem and exact steps that need to be executed will be of great help isolating and solving this issue.

    Best wishes,
    Dobromir
    the Telerik team

    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

  3. Chris
    Chris avatar
    66 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2008

    Posted 16 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Dobromir,

    Strange, I was definitely seeing an issue before but am not seeing it now.  I will let you know if it crops back up.  Thanks!

    --------------------------------

    Oh, it is happening still.  I sent in a support ticket. 


    ---------------------------------

    I also see it happening on occasion even with the meta tag in the head section.  :(
  4. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    13803 posts

    Posted 19 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Chris,

    I am familiar with this problem and our developers are working on resolving it. Unfortunately, we will not have enough time to fix it for the Q1 2011 SP2 release, which will be out today. We will do our best to solve it for the Q2 2011 release.

    Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team

    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Back to Top