This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IE6 nested menu not showing in 2010.Q2

5 Answers 33 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
David Penny asked on 05 Oct 2010, 02:47 PM
I have an application than uses a nested menu built from a database which creates the menu structure in code.

This all worked fine in the previous release of Telerik, but during testing I have found that using 2010.2826.20 the top level and first level menu appears, but the third level menu does not show.  It works OK in IE7 and 8, Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but does not display in IE6.

David Penny

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi David,

This was a bug in Q2 SP1, please upgrade to SP2 to fix it.

Greetings,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Olivier
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Oct 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem, building my menu with a service, but I am using Sitefinity 3.7 SP4, with which RadControls are included.

The menu is in a ascx, used in a template.

I dont know if the Menu version is Q2 SP1 or SP2 but the dll version seems to be 2010.2826.35

Any idea if it's the same issue ?

Thank you,

Olivier
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi Olivier,

Yes, this is the exact version of Q2 SP1. An upgrade of RadControls to SP2 should fix it.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Olivier
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2010, 09:31 AM
Hi,

It's good to know that an upgrade should fix it, but do you know how I can upgrade to SP2 since the controls are included in Sitefinity and I don't if I can download them separately.

And I think I'm up to date with my Sitefinity installation.

Thank you

Olivier
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Olivier,

Then you better not change the DLL included in the Sitefinity package, because it may lead to unpredictable results. Try instead if adding this script right after your ScriptManager helps:
<script type="text/javascript">
    Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItem.prototype._fixSlideSize = function() {
        var slide = this._slide.get_element();

if ($telerik.quirksMode) {
            slide.style.width = parseInt(slide.offsetWidth, 10) +
                                parseInt($telerik.getCurrentStyle(slide, 'paddingLeft'), 10) +
                                parseInt($telerik.getCurrentStyle(slide, 'paddingRight'), 10);
            slide.style.height = parseInt(slide.offsetHeight, 10) +
                                 parseInt($telerik.getCurrentStyle(slide, 'paddingTop'), 10) +
                                 parseInt($telerik.getCurrentStyle(slide, 'paddingBottom'), 10);
        }

if ($telerik.isIE6 && this.get_menu().get_enableRoundedCorners()) {
            var overlay = this._slide._overlay.get_element();
            var targetElement = this._slide._overlay._targetElement;
            var addWidth = $('.rmTopRight:not(.rmTopShadowRight)', slide).width();
            var addHeight = $('.rmBottomLeft:not(.rmBottomShadowLeft)', slide).height();

setTimeout ( function() {
                overlay.style.width = (parseInt(targetElement.offsetWidth, 10) + addWidth) + 'px';
                overlay.style.height = (parseInt(targetElement.offsetHeight, 10) + addHeight) + 'px';
            }, 0);
        }

};
</script>

Sincerely yours,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Tags
Menu
Asked by
David Penny
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Olivier
Top achievements
Rank 1