This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IDE Support for older version (telerik Reporting 2017)

3 Answers 109 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
William asked on 30 Mar 2021, 08:01 AM

Hi,

Can I ask does the older version of Telerik Report (Reporting 2017) supports visual studio 2019 ?

If it does, is it possible to provide instruction on how to enable it please?

It seems to work for visual studio 2017, but menu will not show on visual studio 2019.

Many thanks

Regards

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2021, 07:16 PM

Hi William,

Telerik Reporting works with Visual Studio 2019. However, Visual Studio changed where the extensions were located from the 2017 version. In 2019, there is no dedicated Telerik menu and it has moved under the Extensions menu item. See the following screenshot for a visual reference. 

Additionally, if the Telerik Reporting menu item is not present, ensure the Visual Studio 2019 Integration was checked during installation. See the Installation documentation for the full details.

Lastly, if the installation succeeded with the Visual Studio 2019 integration checked, I recommend running a repair on the installation using either the Progress Control Panel or the Windows Control Panel. Note the following locations for each repair option.

Progress Control Panel

Windows Control Panel

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you for choosing Telerik Reporting.

Regards,

Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

William
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2021, 04:36 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply, however, after I have tried repair with both Window and Telerik's control panel, the menu will still not show up under Extension's menu. Please note that I am still using the older version of reporting 2017, is that not available under visual studio 2019? Is it a must to upgrade to reporting 2019 in order for it to work under visual studio 2019?

Many thanks

Regards

William

Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2021, 02:24 PM

Hi William,

After further investigation, I see that the installer notices the Visual Studio 2019 instance as VS 2017 per the below screenshot.

Can you try installing the extension from the Visual Studio Marketplace

If installing from the marketplace doesn't work, then upgrading will likely be required. 

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.

Regards,

Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
William
Top achievements
Rank 1