This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

I just red editor upgraded to version 2012.2.815.35 [this version seems missing from your version drop-down above]. Here's the error I'm getting as soon as I tries accessing a page after the upgrade.

3 Answers 72 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Venky
Top achievements
Rank 2
Venky asked on 12 Sep 2012, 12:54 PM

Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGridResizing' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'WebBlue'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGridResizing' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'WebBlue'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGridResizing' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'WebBlue'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.]
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetEmbeddedSkinAttributes(ISkinnableControl control, Type controlType, Boolean designTime) +752
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.RegisterCssReferences(ISkinnableControl _control) +246
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.ControlPreRender() +51
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2012, 01:11 PM
Hi,

Since Q3 2011 all the built-in skins are located in the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly, so you need it as well. More information is available in this help article. The change was announced in a blog post with Q2 2011 (here) and again with Q3 2011 (here).

Please, go to the bin folder and make sure that the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly exists in it.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Efren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 03:02 PM
I am having this problem, and I do have the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll file in the bin directory, and it is referenced int he references. The RadGrid works fine if I remove the skin attribute and it uses the default. As soon as I try to use one fo the embedded skins, I get this...

Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGrid1' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'Hay'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGrid1' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'Hay'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid with ID='RadGrid1' was unable to find an embedded skin with the name 'Hay'. Please, make sure that the skin name is spelled correctly and that you have added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll assembly in your project. If you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.]
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetEmbeddedSkinAttributes(ISkinnableControl control, Type controlType, Boolean designTime) +646
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.GetEmbeddedSkinAttributes(ISkinnableControl control, Type controlType) +39
   Telerik.Web.SkinRegistrar.RegisterCssReferences(ISkinnableControl _control) +396
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompositeDataBoundControl.RegisterCssReferences() +74
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompositeDataBoundControl.ControlPreRender() +82
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.ControlPreRender() +132
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompositeDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Efren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 04:06 PM
I figured out my particular issue. It was simply that the dll's were two different release versions. I put the wrong dll in my bin directory. I replaced the dll's with the right ones making sure they were the same version number, then replaced the references in my solution. It stil didn't work, but once I restarted VS, it worked great after that. I think there was a caching issue there until I restarted. Hope this helps.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Venky
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Efren
Top achievements
Rank 1