This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

I cant add new dictionary to AjaxSpellCheck in RadEditor for Sharepoint 2010

1 Answer 43 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adam asked on 15 Aug 2012, 01:45 PM

Hello,

I have a problem with adding pl-PL Dictionary - downloaded from comunity supplied Dictionaries provided on this forum - here. The version of RadEditor I am using is : 6.3.0.0. I have added in the ToolsFile.xml located in :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\6.3.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources

the following code:

<languages>
<language code="en-US" title="English (United States)" />
<language code="pl-PL" title="Polish (Poland)" />
</languages>

I have also added pl-PL dictionary to :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\6.3.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\App_Data\RadSpell

In my web.config file I have added:

<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2012.1.327.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2012.1.327.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />

in httpHandlers section.

According to the documentation that should do, still I am receiving an error in javascript dialog when trying to check spelling using Polish language saying that application error has occured, suggesting that I should set customErrors to Off, to see details. Unfortunatly my customErrors setting is currently set to Off so I cant enable more details with this error. Searching for this error on this forum however led me to possible reason that might be proble with inability to load the dictionary file I am providing. Therefore my question is, if I should do anything else to configure the AjaxSpellCheck feature correctly?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Since the Poland dictionary is not compatible with the Phonetic spellcheck provider, you should set in the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\6.4.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\ConfigFile.xml file:

<property name="SpellCheckProvider">EditDistanceProvider</property>

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question
or