This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hyperlink, PDF and Q2_2009 SP1

1 Answer 58 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Justin Brech
Top achievements
Rank 1
Justin Brech asked on 09 Sep 2009, 02:40 PM
Hello,

I am trying to get a hyperlink to work correctly that displays values from a databse field in the link. I can get that to work using the texbox, but then when I want to export to PDF the html is in the PDF. I'm not sure how to get this to work with the HTMLbox. I read that the latest SP has some fixes for the htmlbox and hyperlinks. Can someone from Telerik or anyone else show an example of how to correctly add a link that uses database fields in the actual link while also being able to export to PDF safely without showing the html markup?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Justin,

It would seem that you're using the standard TextBox item, when you should use the HtmlTextBox item. This way all supported html tags and css styles would show properly under PDF as well. However as explained in the latter article: "HyperLink (<A> tag) is interactive (acts as actual hyperlink) under HTML rendering extension only." i.e. it would look like a hyperlink, but would not work as hyperlink.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Justin Brech
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or