This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP error 414 when trying to upload a large filename

3 Answers 178 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ruben asked on 21 Sep 2017, 04:08 PM

Hi, 

I'm using RadAsyncUpload and when trying to upload a file with more than 206 characters in the filename I'm getting the HTTP error 414 URI too long.

Any idea how to fix this? If not, is there any way to replace the filename of the selected file to the first 140 characters to avoid this error? 

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2017, 08:50 PM

The issue is due this error: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

And that's because in this case the temporary file will be stored in this path: C:\repo\ebuilder\App_Data\RadUploadTemp\

So the filename will be the name with 206 characters plus a number generated by Telerik of 13 characters, and doing a sum of the path plus the filename will be 259

Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2017, 09:08 PM

So, basically I think the only way to fix this will be saving the temporary file with a shorter filename. Is there any way of do this?

Thanks

Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2017, 09:09 PM

So basically I think the only way to fix this is saving the temporary file with a shorter filename. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ruben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question