This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP 302 error on Firefox

4 Answers 369 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Niels
Top achievements
Rank 1
Niels asked on 27 Oct 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi there,

I use the radasyncupload control in my website, it works fine on IE. But when I try it on Firefox, a HTTP 302 error is given and the upload shows up failed. The client functions (onClientFileSelected, OnClientFileUploadFailed etc.) are not fired, so I have no idea what is going wrong. How can I debug this? Do you know why the http 302 occurs?

Also, on Chrome clicking the button has no effect.

Any idea how to fix this?
Thank you,
Niels

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Niels,

Error code 302 mean found - The requested resource resides temporarily under a different URI. When do you receive the error, when trying to upload a file? Is there something specific regarding your project? Is it possible to reproduce the fault on a sample page? Do you use custom handler for the async upload?

Sincerely yours,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Niels
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2010, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the error occurs when I try to upload a file.
I am not using a special handler (just the default). The control is inside an ajax updatepanel, in a multiview , in a popup, maybe that is causing the problem somehow?

I will try to isolate the problem in a sample page but until then, if you have any ideas as to what could be the cause or something that I can try, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Niels,

Interesting, which version of Telerik.Web.UI do you use? Can you try the following: disable the RadAsyncUpload flash module and try again. Does the issue persist? You can disable the flash module the following way:

Telerik.Web.UI.RadAsyncUpload.Modules.Silverlight.isAvailable = function() { return false; }

Best wishes,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Niels
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Nov 2010, 09:00 AM

Genady,

Thank you for your suggestion, it didn't help but a search for it pointed me to this thread: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/async-upload/solution-upload-fails-or-login-prompt-appears-when-using-forms-windows-authentication.aspx

And that worked! I added the exception for webresource.axd in the web.config and it works fine now in Firefox.

Thanks,
Niels
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Niels
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
Niels