This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Horizontal scrolling

3 Answers 148 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ana asked on 16 Sep 2008, 08:06 AM
Hi! I've put scheduler inside of a pane in a radsplitter. I would like scheduler not to change its columns width (they get smaller and smaller by adding resources for grouping), Instead I want them to have some fixed width size, and some scroll bar to appear in the pane. Is that possibole, and how to do it?
Thanks, Ana

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Ana,

We plan to implement horizontal scrolling functionality for RadScheduler for Q3 2008.

Cheers,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your answer. But I've done something similar like shown in you example on
 http://demos.telerik.com/ASPNET/Prometheus/Scheduler/Examples/ResourceGrouping/DefaultCS.aspx, but with different number of resources (columns) - in the example there are two columns. Number of column depends on some action, hovewer it's not always the same. I would like my scheduler to increase its width by increasing number of columns and always to have same width sized columns, and not to have the same width and columns with smaller width. I hope I said it right. Also, scheduler is inside of a pane in radsplitter, and I would like that pane to allow horizontal scrolling in case scheduler gets to wide. Thanks
Ana
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Ana,

I suggest you try to workaround the issue like this: Try to put the RadScheduler inside of a parent div with a specified width and set the width of the RadScheduler wider. Also, add overflow-x:scroll to the div style and the dive needs to be positioned. For example:

<div style="float: left;"
    <div style="width:200px; overflow-x:scroll; position: relative;"
        <telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" 
        </telerik:RadScheduler> 
    </div> 
</div> 

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1