Hide Context Menu

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Developer
    Developer avatar
    43 posts

Posted 17 Mar 2016 Link to this post

Hi,
    I have a radtreeview that has a context menu.  I would like to hide the entire context menu based upon the value of the node attribute.
    I can kind of achieve this by hiding individual menu items, however a small animation is still shown even if no menu items are displayed.
    I would like to do this client side if possible.
    Thanks.
  2. Dimitar
    Admin
    Dimitar avatar
    356 posts

Posted 18 Mar 2016 Link to this post

Hi,

You may enable/disable the context menu for a RadTreeView node client-side using the set_enableContextMenu() setter with true/false parameter. You may test it on the RadTreeView Context Menu demo. The following snippet would enable/disable the context menu for the 'Personal Folders' node:

// Disable the menu
    $find('ctl00_ContentPlaceholder1_RadTreeView1').get_nodes().getNode(0).set_enableContextMenu(false)

// Enable the menu
    $find('ctl00_ContentPlaceholder1_RadTreeView1').get_nodes().getNode(0).set_enableContextMenu(true)

And on the server-side, you may use the respective EnableContextMenu property to enable/disable the menu for a given node.

Regards,
    Dimitar
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.