We recently added row group functionality to our grids and we and our users are very happy with this.
Only thing that bothers us is the drop functionality on the grouppanel. We have multiple issues/wishes to make the drop functionality of the grouppanel much more intuitive. Especially when the RadGrid is already grouped on multiple columns.
1) Possiblity to drag the next column to group on the position/order where you want the grouping of the grid to come up with. E.g. drag the next column between the first and the second grouping column.
2) Related to this case, the drop marker indicated the new column to group will be added in front, but the column is added to the end of the grouped columns.
3) The marker to indicate where the user will drop an existing grouping column is shown at the begin and the end of the group column connector between groups:
3. a) Except in front of the first group column. Can the same behaviour be added to the end of the last grouped column?
3. b) The drop indicator on the group column connector should not be shown at the side of the connector where the dragged column is at to inform the user nothing will happen/change when you drop it here.
3. c) Because the connector is very small it is not clear to new users where the column is dropped when it is dropped on the connector.
All of these cases can be reproduced on the RadGrid Grouping demo on your site:
Please let me know about possible solution to these items...