I've spent a bit of time trawling through the web looking for a solution for this problem. I can achieve my goals when the grid is bound server side, but I need the grid to be bound client side.
I am able to bind it client side alright, that isnt the problem , the problem is that when I'm using declarative GroupByExpressions I get the error Field xxxxx not found in the source table, please check expression syntax.
I understand why I'm getting this, the grid is getting rendered prior to the client databinding firing. and the dataset for the grid doesn't exist at this point.
I've tried using the client GroupColumn method when binding the grid but no joy.
has anyone managed to use grouping with client side binding, if so, can you please give me a pointer as to how to do it