This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Functionality

1 Answer 37 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DC Alliances
Top achievements
Rank 1
DC Alliances asked on 29 Oct 2008, 04:46 AM
Hi Guys

I am just wondering in radgrid whether there is a functionality for in each cell to have a right click and you defined that function.

This is the situation that we have:

Let say if we have grids with 5 columns (A, B, C, D, E) and 3 rows. This grid is basically editable mode and they are all textboxes.

What I want to achive is that using some sort client side that let say if I fill in the cell at column A and row 2 and then hit enter OR out of focus OR right click to it then display the option copy to all column, I want to have a pop saying that "Do you want to copy this value into other rows for column A?" If you select Yes then this value will get displayed in all Column A (row 1, 2, 3).

Any sample that I can have a look? I found this link that it's pretty close from what I want http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet/controls/examples/Integration/GridAndMenu/DefaultCS.aspx?product=grid but instead of just rows, is it possible to narrow down to column as well when clicking on to it?

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2008, 08:33 AM
Hi dewaCorp,

Basically, the control does not offer any per-cell functionality. Thus you can manually assign onclick/mouseover client side event handlers to each cell and use the standard functions to show the menu.

Best wishes,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
DC Alliances
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor
Telerik team
Share this question
or