This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Give width and height = 100% to update panel created by RadAjaxManager

3 Answers 302 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prava kafle asked on 21 Jul 2010, 08:15 PM
Hi,
I am using a Map and a RadAjax Manager. My map's height and width is set to 100% of its container.On  using asp.net updatepanel  I can give a css style  and map renders perfectly. However, on using RadAjax manager map disappears.
The reason was RadAjax manager was wrapping my map with an update panel and unfortunately its width and height isnot set which caused map width and height = 0px.
How can I give a width and height  value of 100% to updatepanel created by RadAjax manager, Is it possible to know the client ID of Update panel generated  by RadAjax Manager that is wrapping the map, so that I can give a css style.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Prava

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2010, 10:27 AM
Hello Prava,

Actually the feature has been implemented - use the UpdatePanelHeight property of the AjaxUpdatedControl tag in RadAjaxManager to achieve your goal.
http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history/q2-2010-version-2010-2-713.aspx

RadAjax

What’s New

• Improved: A property is added to RadAjaxManager's AjaxUpdatedControl setting for controlling generated UpdatePanel's height

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Pavlina,
I tried implementing your suggestion and I came across another issue; I am using controls from AJAX CONTROL TOOLKIT and it requires  ToolkitScriptManager  if I introduce RadAJAX Manager I have to replace ToolkitScriptManager with  RadScriptManager and  my application throws and error. How can I use RadAjax Manager and Ajax Control toolkit at the same time?

Thanks
Prava
Tsvetina
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2010, 12:26 PM
Hello Prava,

The 4.0 Control Toolkit uses their own version of "MicrosoftAjax.js" and "MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" registered by the ToolkitScriptManager. If you are using RadScriptManager, you need to register those scripts manually for the Toolkit to work:
<telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1">
    <Scripts>
        <%-- Load the toolkit MS AJAX scripts instead of those in System.Web.Extensions --%>
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjax.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js" />
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" />
    </Scripts>
</telerik:RadScriptManager>

You can also download a sample project illustrating this approach from this forum post.

Greetings,
Tsvetina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1