This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting 404 error when I click on Spell Check

6 Answers 81 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Venki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Venki asked on 05 May 2010, 01:04 PM
Hello,
I am using Rad Editor (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009) for long time and now the requirement is to enable spell check. I do not have any knowledge on how this spell check works and started reading articles related to rad spell in telerik site. 

In my code I clear all the tool bars and add very few one what ever we need. Below are the steps I followed.

1. Added below code and I check see the button for spell check.
void AddSpellCheckerButton() 
        { 
            Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarButton spellCheckButton = new Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarButton( SpellCheckerCommandName ); 
            spellCheckButton.ShowIcon = true
            ValueEditor.Toolbars[ MainToolBarName ].Tools.Add( spellCheckButton ); 
        } 

2. Added Spell folder which has RadSpell.js, SpellCheckService.js and SpellDialog.js to the _RadControls folder in solution. 
3. When I click on spell check Icon, I get below error message.
 "HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for could have been removed, had its name changed, or its temporariry unavailable. 
Requested Url: /_RadControld/Spell/Telerik.Spell.DialogHandler.aspx"

Questions
1. Is this a right way of doing it or not?
2. Do I need to use rad spell and assign rad editor control id? If that's the case how can I make my editor button click call the rad spell?

Any help in this is highly appreciated.

Venki

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Venki,

Please, see the following help article which provide guidance how to enable the inline spellchecker of RadEditor: Enable RadSpell in RadEditor.

For your convenience I have attached a sample working project having an enabled spellchecker in RadEditor.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Venki
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2010, 12:18 PM
Followed the steps present in help and still the same issue. I am able to run the attached sample but mine is slightly different case. As mentioned above, I am clearing all the tool bars and adding it using below code. I am unable to attach sample as zip is not a supported type. I have attached a screen shot of error I get. Looks like it's expecting an aspx page instead of doing inline spell checking...

void AddSpellCheckerButton()  
        {  
            Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarButton spellCheckButton = new Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.ToolbarButton( SpellCheckerCommandName );  
            spellCheckButton.ShowIcon = true;  
            ValueEditor.Toolbars[ MainToolBarName ].Tools.Add( spellCheckButton );  
        } 

Can you please let me know what is missing?

Venki
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2010, 01:02 PM
Hello Venki,

The code that you posted is for RadEditor Classic and it could not work for RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX.

Could you please open a support ticket which will allow you to sent a sample working project that demonstrates your scenario?

Please, also specify whether you use RadEditor Classic (RadEditor.dll) or RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX (Telerik.Web.UI.dll).

You can see how to add tools on the server to RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX toolbar in this help article: Adding Standard Buttons,e.g.

using Telerik.Web.UI;
EditorToolGroup main = new EditorToolGroup();
ValueEditor.Tools.Add(main);
EditorTool spell = new EditorTool();
spell.Name = "AjaxSpellCheck";
main.Tools.Add(spell);

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Venki
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I am able to get this working. I have another question, now the spell check is inline. How do I set it to pop up a window where it will have buttons like Ignore all, change all on right hand side?
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2010, 10:24 AM
Hello Venki,

Please, see this KB article which provides guidance how to use RadSpell dialog with RadEditor:
Using RadSpell "Prometheus" dialog with RadEditor "Prometheus" as a custom tool.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Venki
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks Telerik Team.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Venki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by