This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

General Questions

3 Answers 25 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Moon
Top achievements
Rank 2
Moon asked on 03 Nov 2008, 05:37 PM
Do you have a place where it tells about installing the product?

For instance, I have installed and registered the dlls' and skins. But I am curious what the /Scripts folder is from the main project you provide with the trial download.

I copied it into my project as well. Is it needed? What is it for?

Next, I notice there are a lot of forum responses that include .zip files. Is there one spot where I can take a look at all the .zip projects you have created to download and try them out?

thanks.
Moon

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Moon,

Our online documentation for RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX has a section dedicated to installation:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction.html

The Scripts folder is intended to be used if you want to modify the functionality of a control. In this case you disable the embedded scripts and use the external ones instead. Similarly, the Skins folder enables you to take a skin, modify it and use it instead of an embedded skin. By default you don't need either of these two folders.

Unfortunately, there is no way to review all ZIP files uploaded in the forums.

Let us know if you need more information.

Best wishes,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Moon
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Nov 2008, 08:09 PM
In regard to the zip files, that is too bad. Isnt' there a directory or someplace where they are all uploaded?

Maybe someone could at some point make a page that lists them all?

That would be great. Then maybe you wouldn't have to answer the same questions multiple times.

:)
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Moon,

Frankly speaking, I am not very sure that making a directory of specific personal scenarios will be that good for the community. We provide online demos, code library examples, knowledge base articles and help articles for our controls' features and abilities. And as you know, they all are searchable, as well as the forums :)

Usually if there are a lot of requests about "how to do this and that", we make a code library or a KB article and point people to it afterwards.

Kind regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Moon
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Moon
Top achievements
Rank 2