This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

FormDecorator and Q3 2008 Skins Compatible with Q1 2009

2 Answers 67 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joel asked on 18 Aug 2009, 12:21 PM
We are using the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX controls on a new website, and the client loves the look and feel of the "Default" skin in the 2008 version of the controls.

Now, however, we have been forced into upgrading to the latest version (2009), and so the whole "Default" skin is completely different.

No big deal, some may say, just follow the directions given on this page http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radcontrols-changes-backwards-compatibility.html and from this page http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/skinregistration.html.

That is easier said than done though.

It is pretty easy to change the style of the RadCalendar and the RadComboBox, but it is not so easy when it comes to the regular html input controls or the asp.net controls (i.e. textboxes and buttons).

How do I get the FormDecorator to use a skin that is not embedded?

Isn't it supposed to be enough to add a FormDecorator like this to the page?

<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" /> 

I have the following in my <head> section :

<link href="Skin/Calendar.Default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 
  <link href="Skin/FormDecorator.Default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 
  <link href="Skin/ComboBox.Default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 

And the folders and .css files are also in place. The RadCalendar and RadComboBox do get their skins, just as they are supposed to, and they are placed on the very same page. Only the FormDecorator is giving me a headache.

Please help!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Joel,

Some changes were applied to the RadFormDecorator rendering and skins since Q2 2009 and that is why your skin did not work. You can read more about this below:

http://blogs.telerik.com/tervelpeykov/posts/09-06-24/radformdecorator_q2_2009_-_more_decoration_options_faster_rendering.aspx

We apologize for teh inconveninece and we will attach an updated Default skin for you here on Monday.

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 25 Aug 2009, 07:47 AM
Hello Joel,

I've attached the converted old Default skin of FormDecorator in our other post. Please, find it attached there.

Best wishes,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Martin
Telerik team
Share this question