This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

FormDecorator 2010 3 1215 - LoginControl

3 Answers 49 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marty asked on 24 Dec 2010, 05:49 AM
Hello, I upgraded to the latest and it seems that the LoginStatus and LoginName are rendering as Buttons!  They are supposed to be normal text, I think.  I use the formdecorator in my master page for All controls - any way to turn it off specifically for this or to override the style below?  Note: I'm not a CSS expert, so you would have to tell me what to put.   Maybe a good feature going forward is to also specify IgnoreControls="LoginControl", in case you want ALL but ignore only these controls...
thanks
Marty

<span id="ctl00_ctl00_DefaultContent_LoginView1_loginName1" class="rfdLoginControl">Welcome sa</span>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 27 Dec 2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Marty,

I have tried to reproduce the issue but to no avail. Look at the Login Control Demo page as it works as expected.

Could you provide us a sample code where the problem exists, so we would be able to investigate it further?

It will be also helpful to provide a screenshot of the problem.

Greetings,
Bojo
the Telerik team
Explore the entire set of ASP.NET AJAX controls we offer here and browse the myriad online demos to learn more about the components and the features they incorporate.
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Dec 2010, 05:05 AM
Hi thanks for taking this.  Couple things.. I forgot to paste the aspx page with source, I only sent you the resultant html.  Second, I don't think your DEMO page even shows the login status so that's why you don't see the problem.  Have your demo add this when "logged in".

problem: the latest version as button like rounded boxes around the login nane and login status control - when using FormDecorator... its like the logincontrol css is not correct for those controls.

<asp:LoginView ID="LoginView1" runat="server">
                <LoggedInTemplate>
                    <asp:LoginName ID="loginName1" runat="server" FormatString="Welcome {0}" />
                    <asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" />
                </LoggedInTemplate>
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 28 Dec 2010, 09:29 AM
Hello Marty,

Thank you for the clarification. Actually everything is correct. All messages displayed by login and validation controls and decorated by RadFormDecorator are displayed into an element that has a border. See logincontrols.gif attached from the demo page that shows similar messages and how they are displayed.

But if you like to remove the border of the validation and login messages I would recommend you to a apply an additional class to the elements that you do not want to have border:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .removeBorder
        {
            font-family: "Segoe UI" ,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; /* this line will keep the default font-family */
            font-size: 12px; /* this line will keep the default font-size */
            border: 0 !important; /* this line will remove the border */
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="rfd1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" />
        <LoggedInTemplate>
            <asp:LoginName ID="loginName1" runat="server" FormatString="Welcome {0}" CssClass="removeBorder" />
            <br />
            <br />
            <asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" CssClass="removeBorder" />
        </LoggedInTemplate>
    </asp:LoginView>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

If you do not want to use an additional CSS class, but to remove completely the border, you could use the following CSS code:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .rfdValidationSummaryControl,
        .rfdLoginControl
        {
            border: 0 !important; /* this line will remove the borders */
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="rfd1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" />
        <LoggedInTemplate>
            <asp:LoginName ID="loginName1" runat="server" FormatString="Welcome {0}" />
            <br />
            <br />
            <asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" />
        </LoggedInTemplate>
    </asp:LoginView>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Please, let us know if the suggested workaround is suitable for you.

Best wishes,
Bojo
the Telerik team
Explore the entire set of ASP.NET AJAX controls we offer here and browse the myriad online demos to learn more about the components and the features they incorporate.
Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1