This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter problem on a GridDateTimeColumn

2 Answers 101 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fernanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fernanda asked on 25 Mar 2014, 01:50 PM
Hi everybody,

I have a RadGrid with one GridDateTimeColumn .  When you type a date into their filter textbox and either press enter, the filter textbox simply clears itself and the value that i putting on it is ignored. After that if i put it the date again to their filter textbox everything works fine. How  can i do to fix when i am filtering at the first time?
Here's my code (aspx):
<telerik:GridDateTimeColumn  SortExpression="Situacao.Insercao"  Visible="true" AllowFiltering="true" AndCurrentFilterFunction="Contains" ShowFilterIcon="false"
                     AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" 
                      HeaderText="PENDÊNCIA"  DataField="Situacao.Insercao" FilterControlWidth="120px"
                    DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}" UniqueName="Situacao.Insercao"  DataType="System.Boolean" PickerType="DatePicker" EnableRangeFiltering="true" 
                    CurrentFilterFunction="Contains" AllowSorting="False"  FilterListOptions="AllowAllFilters">                                                                                                                                                                  
                </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Mar 2014, 07:10 AM
Hello Fernanda,

This seems to be an issue with the control. I have logged it in our feedback portal here, so that you can monitor, comment and vote on it. As a small token of gratitude for reporting this issue to us, I have updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Kenn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2014, 09:53 PM
I had this same issue and found a solution for my situation.  On the rad grid column, I set the CurrentFilterFunction to "EqualTo" and walla it's working the way it should even on the first postback filter and never blanks out the field.   Hope it helps someone else.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Fernanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
Kenn
Top achievements
Rank 1