This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

File Explorer

3 Answers 102 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
deepika
Top achievements
Rank 1
deepika asked on 09 Feb 2011, 08:15 PM
Hi

I need to use file explorer just to display all the folders and subfolders(view all the pdf's in the folders or files). How can i do that . Can you please guide me. I went through the demos but those are not working for me.

Thanks,
Deepika

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Deepika,

I am not quite sure I understand the question.

If you want to display only folders and PDF files in the RadFileExplorer, you can use SearchPatterns property to filter the files, e.g.:
<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer1" runat="server">
    <Configuration ViewPaths="~/ROOT" UploadPaths="~/ROOT" DeletePaths="~/ROOT" SearchPatterns="*.pdf" />
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

If this is not the case, could you please describe in more details what exactly you are trying to achieve? A screenshot demonstrating the required result will be of great help solving this case.

All the best,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
deepika
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2011, 05:41 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My target is to display all the files and folders from a given specific path. Just to view not any edits. I tried one of your demo's but didn't work. Please give me a detailed description like how to implement that.

Thanks,
Deepika
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2011, 09:19 AM
Hi Deepika,

To configure RadFileExplorer to display the files in a folder you need to set its ViewPaths property. By setting DeletePaths and UploadPaths properties you can allow the upload / delete / rename / create new folder functionalities, if you do not to allow these you should not set these properties.

In order to disable the opening of the files (by double click on the item) you need to assign handler to the RadFileExplorer's OnClientFileOpen and cancel the execution of the command, e.g.:
<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer1" runat="server" OnClientFileOpen="OnClientFileOpen">
    <Configuration ViewPaths="~/ROOT" />
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function OnClientFileOpen(explorer, args)
    {
        args.set_cancel(true); //cancel further execution of the command
    }
</script>

All the best,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
deepika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
deepika
Top achievements
Rank 1