Failed to load resource - status 500

1 Answer 990 Views
Ajax Editor
Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ed asked on 04 Dec 2021, 05:02 PM

I have a website that uses Telerik as editor. It's a custom build website. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the editor didn't work anymore on my Mac (iOS Catalina 15.10.7), the content field doesn't load and I get a shitload of Failed to load resourse errors in the developerwindow. Included is a printscreen of the editor. At first I thought it was because of the latest version of Java, I installed the day before, because the editor still worked on my 10-year old Macbook which hadn't been updated. 

That all changed today, when I wanted to create a new news item and got the same black content field als on my Mac. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this problem. This is a huge problem for me, because the way it is right now I can't publish new items anymore and that's devastating for an online Motorcycle magazine. Normally this is a issue a website developer should solve, but the guy who custom build our website has vanished, so now I've turned to this forum to hopefully get an answer. 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2021, 11:20 AM | edited on 08 Dec 2021, 11:20 AM

Hi Ed,

There are many reasons for this generic error like URL rewriters, incorrect IIS, or web.config configurations.

Please check out the following resources which provide multiple suggestions of how to fix the issue: 

Also make sure you add location tags for the ASP.NET and Telerik handlers in the web.config file as instructed here:

<configuration>
  <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>
  <location path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>
  <location path="ScriptResource.axd">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>
  <location path="WebResource.axd">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>
</configuration>

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
Ajax Editor
Asked by
Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question
or