This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ExportEndEventArgs, 2014, Q3

1 Answer 55 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jonathan asked on 09 Feb 2015, 02:38 PM
Hi there, I have been using Reporting 2014 Q3, and have been trying to create a work-around for the fact that when exporting to excel, some of the row heights are not properly set, which results in text being cut off.  To assist in remedying this, I have been trying figure out a way to handle the ExportEnd event on the report viewer.  The issue that I'm running into is that I cannot seem to find the ExportEndedEventArgs in any of the Telerik reporting assemblies.  I'm using WPF and have the WPF assembly in my references, but the only Export* event args that it contains are ExportBeginEventArgs.  Even when I bypass MVVM best practices and tell the ReportViewer to utilize a method in the code-behind, none of the Telerik.ReportViewer.*.dll assemblies contain the class.

Any assistance that could be provided would be great. 

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2015, 04:44 PM
Hello Jonathan,

Modifying the Excel rendering is not supported through the viewer's API. Events can only point you about the current operation in the viewer and its state. In next releases we plan to extend the arguments with details about the document state, where it is saved and others.

Still working with the already produced documents is not supported by the reporting engine and you will need third party libraries to modify the files. They will be rendered by the selected rendering extension based on the listed design considerations - Design Considerations for Excel Rendering.

Let us know if we can be of any further help for you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or