This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Export to Excel 2007

17 Answers 382 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Siva asked on 12 Jan 2010, 06:35 AM
Hi Telerik team,

I am trying to Export RadGrid Data to Excel 2007(.xlsx) using ToHtml() method. It is saving the file, but the file is not opened in the Office. Also If I Export to Excel 97-2000 format (.xls) I am getting a warning message about format while opening the file, but i am able to check the file after clicking 'yes'. Is there any way to solve these? Also can I Export the Grid to PDF directly? Please tell me how i can achieve all these requirements.

Thanks,
Siva.

17 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Siva,

The grid can be exported to HTML, ExcelML, CSV and tab-delimited text only. You can open both HTML and ExcelML in Excel 2007 however if the extension is xls you will get warning since this is not the native Excel 2007 format.

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2010, 07:28 AM
Thank you for your quick replay Vlad,

With your reply, I understand that there is no support for pdf export with in wpf radgrid, as there is for ASP.Net RadGrid. Can I Export to .xlsx format? or even this is not supported?

-Siva.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2010, 07:45 AM
Hi Siva,

Currently there is no native xlsx export.

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
treesara
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2010, 10:42 PM
Vlad,

Any update on native xlsx exporting support?

Regards,
Panit
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2010, 07:17 AM
Hello,

This is still not supported. Once we have it we will update our demos, documentation, etc. - unfortunately we cannot provide any exact release date for this for now.

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Berthold
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 12:30 PM
Hello,

any news in supporting Excel 2007?
We start a new project which requires Excel 2007 support. Now we're looking for an appropriate tool.

Regards
Berthold
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2010, 06:48 AM
Hello Berthold,

Unfortunately export to Excel 2007 is still not supported and currently we do not have any specific release 
date for this feature. 

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2011, 08:07 PM
How about now?  Export to Excel 2007/2010 still not supported?  If not, any plans yet?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,

This is still not supported from the grid native export. Indeed we have plans to provide this out-of-the-box using RadDocument (please check the PDF export demo in our QSF) later this year however we cannot commit any specific date. 

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jordan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2011, 06:17 PM
Still looking for Excel 2007/2010 support...any update?
Telugu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Nov 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi Vlad,

How about now?  Export to Excel 2007/2010 still not supported?  If not, any plans yet?

RadGrid export to excel with warning message

My requirement is the warning message not show.

Please give solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen.
Sasireka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2013, 07:50 AM
Hi all,

Is any update?. I want to export to excel 2007 from radgridview.

Regards,
Sasireka
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Sasireka,

Next week with the official Q1 2013 we will release the CTP version of our brand new component RadSpreadSheet and we will do our best top include demo for RadGridView exporting to XLSX for the first service pack (middle of March most probably). 

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Pearl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I need a quick update on Exporting RadGridView in xlsx format.
    Please let me know if there are any updates.

Thanks,
Muthu
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Muthu,

The best option we can currently suggest is exporting with RadSpreadSheet creating a RadWorkBook as demonstrated on this blog post:
http://blogs.telerik.com/vladimirenchev/posts/13-04-22/how-to-quick-export-to-excel-%28xlsx%29-for-wpf-and-silverlight.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Didie
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
guobian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 10:21 AM
Hi All,

Is there a better way of doing this now?

Didie's suggestion on using RadSpreadSheet works on exporting data. However, the RowSytle and CellStyle applied on the Grid are not exported.

Cheers,
guobian
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 03:50 PM
Hello guobian,

For more advanced exporting options you can use the Telerik Reporting productYou can check its online documentation here.

Regards,
Didie
Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team